This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add on domain questions

I added a domain and pointed my nameservers from GoDaddy to Vodahost.

1. If I type in my new domain name theideacommunity.com in my browser it takes me to my main domain coachminewiser.com. Why?

2. When I try to use BlueVoda to publish to the new domain theideacommunity.com, it rejects my username and password. What username andpassword combo should I be using?

3. I am using Joomla for my main domain coachminewiser.com. Do I need to reinstall it for my add on domain? What if I want to use different web builders for different add on domains?

Re: Add on domain questions

Originally posted by enterprise1 View Post
    I added a domain and pointed my nameservers from GoDaddy to Vodahost.

1. If I type in my new domain name theideacommunity.com in my browser it takes me to my main domain coachminewiser.com. Why?

2. When I try to use BlueVoda to publish to the new domain theideacommunity.com, it rejects my username and password. What username andpassword combo should I be using?

3. I am using Joomla for my main domain coachminewiser.com. Do I need to reinstall it for my add on domain? What if I want to use different web builders for different add on domains?
    Hi ..

If you have pointed your new domain to your exisiting two voda servers, this part is done. You then go into your control panel and choose the ADD ON domain icon and add on this new domain ... You then publish any material to public_html/theideacommunity (you will need to create and publish a page called index and will retrieve it via your new domain name) You will need to type theideacommunity after the public_html in the publish box ... this will be the directory for you new domain ..

You can use any webbuilder for any of your domains.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I did point to my new domain with the two voda nameservers, I went in to the control panel and added the new domain, and when I tried to publish to theideacommunity using /public_html/the ideacommunity blue voda rejected my password.

I still don't know why it rejected my password or why when I type myideacommunity.com in my browser I arrive at coachminewiser.com.

Any suggestions?

Comment

It could be a matter of just a bit of time, a couple hours or so for your add on domain to propogate over ...

I would look in my control panel, file manager, public_html and see if you see a folder called theideacommunity - if so, I would then go to add on domains and remove this add on domain .. log out, back in and then go and readd it and see if this makes a difference .. then publish an index page to public_html/theideacommunity ...

If all of this doesn't work within a few hours, I would be tempted to issue a support ticket to ask them to look into it for you ...

Your password should work, just keep trying that, and if you are unable to access your control panel or publish with this password, also seek help from support for this ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I added theideacommunity.com as an add on domain but it seems to be working as a subdomain. If I type theideacommunity.com in my browser it takes me to coachminewiser.com, but if I type coachminewiser.com/theideacommunity it takes me to theideacommunity index page. This sure seems like a subdomain not a stand alone domain.

What do I do now?

Comment

Hi, I am having the same exact problem. I have directed my servers to Voda host and registered the domain in my control panel. I then published an index page under the sub-folder and was expecting to be able to access my new domain by typing in www.clear-communications.com but I can only access it by typing www.murraymarshall.net/clear-communications. What is going on?

Comment

Hi- My domain name is actually www.clear-communications.net, but the problem is still the same. In fact when I direct my browser to the above URL it brings me to my main domain www.murraymarshall.net

Comment

I sent a ticket to support and this morning everthing is fine and there is a new look to the cPanel!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by enterprise1 View Post
                  I sent a ticket to support and this morning everthing is fine and there is a new look to the cPanel!

Jim

Great news!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X