confused....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused....

Well.. I have read the conditions for transferring the domain... I am the administrator, but it does say Whois: Registrar Status: clientUpdateProhibited, Registrar Status: clientTransferProhibited

Not sure what this means..

But, what really worries me is that my domain name is only a few days old... not 60 days old/ I do not wish to buy a new one as I need to keep this particular name due to the fact that it is already mentioned in the article what will be published in a local paper... so I can't change it...

what am I supposed to do?

also... in order to do the transfer do I have to purchase the Voda package or can I do it after I know it has been transferred properly?

thank you.

P.S. I have not got the Voda ID yet, as I haven't registered for the account yet. I am new to this forum and am posting this request to clarify matters before I join in.

Re: confused....

I have just received the response from my present hosting company. It says:

You will need to provide us with the DNS settings of the new company, alternatively, you can ask the new company to do a full domain transfer for you.

Please advise what I am meant to do...

Comment

Hi, don’t think you can do much at all for a few weeks with the domain. What you need to do is open a VH account to enable you to publish your site. This will also give you an ip address & sever info.
      You can then ask the place you purchased the domain from to point your domain at this info. All of the info you need will come in your welcome email from VH when you join. You can transfer your domain over to VH latter if you wish.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

So... do I understand it correctly, that I can open my account with VH, ask my present hosters to change some settings, build my website via VH builder and actually publish it using the VH... Is the fact that I am using 2 different companies to eventually publish and run my website will complicate matters? Will I still have to deal with the old hosting company or will I be able to do everything through VH?

thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by desinel View Post
          So... do I understand it correctly, that I can open my account with VH, ask my present hosters to change some settings, build my website via VH builder and actually publish it using the VH... Is the fact that I am using 2 different companies to eventually publish and run my website will complicate matters? Will I still have to deal with the old hosting company or will I be able to do everything through VH?

thank you.
          Hi, like Chris says, you cannot have your domain transferred to Voda Hosting until after you domain is 60 days old, (just the law).

You can though have your domain pointed to voda servers and this will not complicate matters - your domain name and your web hosting company can be at two different places. When you open your voda hosting account supply the name of your domain to voda host, and like Chris says you will then receive the server names for your voda hosting account. You would then go to your domain registrar, and log into your account there, go to manage your domains, and point these domains to your voda servers - those numbers usually looking like ns.??.vodahost.com
          (you will find two in your log in information that you will receive from voda host) ..

It will depend on the length of time at your old hosting company and whether or not you qualify for a refund or when it expires. This is something you would have to check with them.

After your domain is 60 days old, you could ask Voda Host to transfer this domain for you ... this can be done at any time.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X