What is "control panel user name?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "control panel user name?"

I was attempting to xfr my domain name from 50webs to BV. This would be a free xfr for me. I was filling out the form and it asks for the "control panel user name." Can someone tell me what this is or how I can locate this information. I didn't see anything in my whois search that clarified this.

As a matter of fact...the last time I did a whois search I was listed as the admin. contact and my acct was unlocked - both are requirements for xfr. Well...now that info is missing off whois. Where did it go?

Also, I went through the trouble of obtaining a transfer auth key to give to BV at their request and now they aren't even asking for it? What the heck is going on? Why is everything changing? Should I just wait to xfr my domain name tomorrow when I am ready to pay for my yr. of web hosting?

Thanks so much

Jenny
    maupincopywriting.com
    content writing for websites and more!

Re: What is "control panel user name?"

I cannot anser all your questions, but the control panel username you will receive in your welcoming email from VodaHost when you subscribe.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Re: What is "control panel user name?"

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
      I cannot anser all your questions, but the control panel username you will receive in your welcoming email from VodaHost when you subscribe.
      But that makes no sense. I'm trying to xfr my domain name from 50webs to BV. Why would they ask me for a control panel user name if I don't have a domain w/ BV yet? ugh...I think I may wait till tomorrow and pay and transfer the name together and avoid all the issues. I thought you could transfer your domain first THEN sign up for BV hosting services. Perhaps I'm just confused. I think building your first website makes you mental or something.

Thx for clarifying!

Jenny
      maupincopywriting.com
      content writing for websites and more!

Comment

Working...
      X