No announcement yet.

Domain name transfer or set up hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name transfer or set up hosting?

I am on the point of moving over to your services. I have a current domain name which I am in the process of moving to you (waiting for authorisation code).

My question is this....

Can I transfer the domain name first or do I have to purchase web hosting first?

OR is it possible just to buy hosting from you and then change the nameservers at 123.reg.co.uk as your tutorial suggests?

Is this a better oprion than transferring the domain name to you as well?

Thanks
    Last edited by virtual-lanzarote; 11-27-2007, 01:24 PM. Reason: found further help tutorial

Re: Domain name transfer or set up hosting?

Everyone I am sure has different opinions, but for ease I would strongly recommend just repointing the servers to your VH server addresses when you sign up. This info will be in your welcome email.

If, as you say you are on the point of moving over to VH, I am presuming that the website in your link is not a VH hosted one? If that's the case you might want to consider removing this as it is against the VH Forum TOS.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: Domain name transfer or set up hosting?

Originally posted by virtual-lanzarote View Post
      I am on the point of moving over to your services. I have a current domain name which I am in the process of moving to you (waiting for authorisation code).

My question is this....

Can I transfer the domain name first or do I have to purchase web hosting first?

OR is it possible just to buy hosting from you and then change the nameservers at 123.reg.co.uk as your tutorial suggests?

Is this a better oprion than transferring the domain name to you as well?

Thanks
      www.virtual-lanzarote.com

When you open an account with voda hosting you are given a couple of options FREE ...

1) A free domain name

or

2) A free transfer of your domain ..

If you intend on rebuilding this website with the blue voda software, I would build my website and have it ready to republish when you have your account. Myself, I would probably ask Voda Host for a transfer, then I would have my domain and my hosting all in one account .. the choice is yours, but when you first join, you do get this FREE OPTION - now if you think you can use a FREE DOMAIN name, then you could get this free domain name when you opened your account and then simply point this other domain to your voda servers and ADD IT ON as an ADD ON DOMAIN to your account .. in either case, you will need to choose a domain name when you open your voda hosting account ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X