• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbilal
    Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

hosting another website

I have publishesd the website www.yateemfoundation.com successfully. I have purchased an additional domain namely www.irrt.info. When I published the trial page as index it was success. But when I visit the site www.irrt.info it shows me something different which I am not aware about. Plz tell me what I need to do.
    Last edited by sbilal; 12-12-2007, 07:59 AM. Reason: spelling
  • sbilal
    Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Re: hosting another website

hi
    Originally posted by sbilal View Post
    I have publishesd the website www.yateemfoundation.com successfully. I have purchased an additional domain namely www.irrt.info. When I published the trial page as index it was success. But when I visit the site www.irrt.info it shows me something different which I am not aware about. Plz tell me what I need to do. and when I type www.yateemfoundation/irrt i get the published page.

Comment

• VodaHost
      General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

You have not update the DNS name servers yet.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• sbilal
        Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Thanx , got it right now

Comment

• legaleagle
          Corporal

• May 2007

Hey I have a website at www.mijuvenilejustice.org I am looking at starting up a new business that is not on the same topic as this website. If I get another domain can I host it from the same hosting account?

Comment

• sbilal
            Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Yes you can purchase another domain and host it in the same account no matter what your new business may be. After purchasing new domain you can submit ticket in the support forum for DNS setting for the new domain.

Regards
            Bilal

Comment

Ok, here is my dilema. I have an account already (northeastmshomes.com) that I have published and have had for some time. I just (12/22) purchased a new domain name (talkaroundtown.org) and a new dedicated IP address for a separate business/site. I don't want the two to be connected at all. But when I purchased this last one, my options were a)I am a new customer and b)add this to my account. I added it to my existing account. Since then, I have been going back and to with support tickets and can't seem to get it straight. Now, when I log into my control panel for my primary account northeastmshomes.com, it shows that I have a different IP address from what I had. I keep getting emails back from support telling me to set this new account up as an addon domain, so I did that. But when I published it, and went online and type in talkaroundtown.org, it takes me to some other website/search engine named talkaroundtown.org. As for my DNS, I got an email (that I can't seem to find now) instructing me to update my DNS. I followed the directions and did this also. But now I can't remember where I went to for that. LadyEye tried to help me when I posted in the wrong forum, but that wasn't what I needed either (I don't think).

Also, I never received a welcome letter for this new domain and IP address. I have however received two separate passwords (neither work). And, no, the email was not sent to a junk folder or to the trash. I checked.

Basically, I am at a loss. I need someone to start me over with this new domain that I can't seem to use. I don't want it to be connected to my other domain at all. I want to keep both separate and be able to manage both separately. When someone types in talkaroundtown.org, I want http://www.talkaroundtown.org to appear in their web browser, not http://www.northeastmshomes.com/talkaroundtown . Can you please help me???

Thank you so much

Heather Whittle

Comment

• sbilal
                Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Do not get messed up. Relax. All you have to do is to submit a support ticket for setting the DNS setting for your new domain and within hours you will see your website running.

Comment

Thanks sbilal. Ladyeye suggested I copy and paste this in a new thread. I'm gonna try that. Also, I have submitted support tickets. I still don't have the info I need from them. That is what led me to this forum.

Comment

• legaleagle
                    Corporal

• May 2007

Originally posted by sbilal View Post
                    Yes you can purchase another domain and host it in the same account no matter what your new business may be. After purchasing new domain you can submit ticket in the support forum for DNS setting for the new domain.

Regards
                    Bilal
                    Excellent Thank you.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X