• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charm1981
    Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Add on Domain

I purchased another domain name through BV and I have added it to Add on Domains in control panel and I have pointed it to the same DNS as my first website being that it is a add on. It still want work. Did I point it in the right place or is it wrong. If it is wrong tell me where I need to point my DNS. And It doesn't even give me a IP or do I use the same IP? If u need the website that I have know it is www.yorkies-for-u.com and the add on website is www.englishbulldogs-for-u.com Thanks
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Add on Domain

Your DNS settings are correct. You use the same IP to publish, make sure you are publishing to the correct directory, for your addon domain it will be something like.

public_html/english

english being the name of the directory you assigned for it when you created it as an addon

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

and make sure the initial page is named index.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• charm1981
        Sergeant

• Nov 2007

My wife posted on forums about add on domains and we cant get the answer to fix them I am a blue voda customer and I cant get the add on domain to work on my site This is what I have done in add on domains(picture will show) it goes in a sub directory and will not work right when I go to browser and type www.englishbulldogs-for u.com it shows a lady in the picture when I type www.yorkies-for-u.com/englishbulldogs-for-u.com it works so the add on domain is acting like a subdirectory for some reason and wont let me do add on domain correctly I have done all I know to do I will send you info as needed to fix it on cpanel if needed. If you can can you fix it. I have done what yall have said but its not working. I just look in awstats and it says englishbulldogs-for-u.yorkies-for-u.com, but I just want it to say www.englishbulldogs-for-u.com. Im sorry for all the problems. It is getting on my nerves :(
        Attached Files

Comment

• LadyEye
          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Perhaps your domain was just propogating .. looks like you have resolved this ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• charm1981
            Sergeant

• Nov 2007

So when you go to www.englishbulldogs-for-u.com it works, but when I go to it I get this ...... Can somebody contact us by phone so that it will be a little easier to explain what is going on please because Something itsn't right. Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

• charm1981
              Sergeant

• Nov 2007

We bought a whole new domain name throught VH and the password that they sent don't work either. The only other thing that it keeps doing is it keeps on add a subdomain. We don't want our yorkies site to go with our english site we want to different sites but it keeps on linking them together.

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

It will look much like a subdomain in your control panel, but if you are publishing it correctly to the addon domain - it will go to the right domain. It will look like that because you only have one account - but I will bet you aren't publishing it correctly.

Did you publish the home page of the addon domain as index - to public_html/englishbulldogs-for-u
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

• charm1981
                  Sergeant

• Nov 2007

yep sure did, but when you type in the address bar www.englishbulldogs-for-u .com after I publish it I get that pitures of that woman.

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

your page is showing as published - but with nothing on it - so it appears there is a problem with how you made the page?
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• charm1981
                      Sergeant

• Nov 2007

ok I made a index page but I have to put www.yorkies-for-u.com/englishbulldogs-for-u.com to view it. I want to type in www.englishbulldogs-for-u.com without the yorkies in it. I bought a separate domain name so I don't want to use the yorkies-for-u.com/englishbulldogs-for-u.com I just want to type www.englishbulldogs-for-u.com. Is that possible? Thanks

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

I get the same BLANK page when I put in what you just said to see it. I do not see anything at www.yorkies-for-u.com/englishbulldogs-for-u.com - which is why I said it's a blank page - no matter which way I view it.

I see that both are pointed correctly to the right nameservers. And from what you say, you have added the add-on domain correctly - but something is not published correctly- as I see a white page both places.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• charm1981
                          Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Since I bought a new domain to add on is it possible for them to be separate from each other because I don't want www.yorkies-for-u.com/englishbulldogs-for-u.com I just want to type www.yorkies-for-u.com for my yorkie site and I want to type englishbulldogs-for-u.com for my English bulldog site I just republished the index page on Englishbulldogs-for-u.com so it should show a grey background now when you type in www.yorkies-for-u.com/englishbulldogs-for-u.com but still shows the girl picture when I type in www.englishbulldogs-for-u.com sorry for all the trouble but it seems we are going in circles and I got to get my site up to sell my bulldogs soo thanks for all the help

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

I'm trying to help you- but you are doing something wrong on that end. You are not understanding that the add-on will show as it's own AND will show as www.yorkies-for-u.com/englishbulldogs-for-u.com - but unless you tell anyone this address - they won't go there this way. If you don't want it to show at all this way- then purchase a separate hosting account for the 2nd.

We are going in circles because you aren't understanding and are not publishing the add-on domain correctly. And since I'm not there and not in your control panel, I can't see it.

Yippee - as I typed this - I got the grey background - I think you figured out whatever you were doing wrong.

BUT - you'll see this site BOTH ways - just do NOT use the way after yorkies - and only use www.englishbulldogs-for-u.com
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• charm1981
                              Sergeant

• Nov 2007

I can give you my control panel but how can i give it to u without other people seeing it?

Comment

Working...
                              X