• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dankc908
    Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

How do I enter/change DNS info?

I transferred my domain from godaddy to vodahost and the domain is still pointing go godaddy's nameservers. Now that vodahost has the domain how do I point to the correct nameservers? I've been going over Control Panel so often, now, that I almost have it memorized! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: How do I enter/change DNS info?

Originally posted by dankc908 View Post
    I transferred my domain from godaddy to vodahost and the domain is still pointing go godaddy's nameservers. Now that vodahost has the domain how do I point to the correct nameservers? I've been going over Control Panel so often, now, that I almost have it memorized! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    So you have actually had voda host transfer your domain - meaning you filled in the application, replied to the email you received and your transfer has been completed? If so, then you need to log into your vbs billing, link and your username, password can be found near the bottom of your VH log in information email you have received. You will also find the two VH servers in this email, once you log into VBS go to MY DOMAINS and then DNS Servers and you will remove the two in there and replace with the two in the VH Log in information email ..

If you have not requested an official transfer of your domain, you would log into go daddy and point your domain at voda servers ..

In any case, be sure of what you have done ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• dankc908
      Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
      So you have actually had voda host transfer your domain - meaning you filled in the application, replied to the email you received and your transfer has been completed? If so, then you need to log into your vbs billing, link and your username, password can be found near the bottom of your VH log in information email you have received. You will also find the two VH servers in this email, once you log into VBS go to MY DOMAINS and then DNS Servers and you will remove the two in there and replace with the two in the VH Log in information email ..

If you have not requested an official transfer of your domain, you would log into go daddy and point your domain at voda servers ..

In any case, be sure of what you have done ..

OK - I did as you mentioned. When I got to "MY DOMAINS" I couldn't find any link to "DNS Servers". I did transfer the domain from godaddy to vodahost and, apparently, it has transferred with the old nameservers still intact and I need to change it but I am not seeing how/where to do it!
      Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Did you see your domain name in there after you logged in - My Domains - was this domain listed there?? If so, click the domain and then you will see Change DNS ... if you do not see it listed there I would suggest you submit a support ticket to see the status of it ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• dankc908
          Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Thanks LadyEye. I did not see Change DNS so I submitted a support ticket as you suggested. Thanks for the help!
          Dan

Comment

• dankc908
            Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

LadyEye -

I did submit the support ticket and, by the time I woke up this AM, Vodahost had taken care of the problem. In their e-mail they said that they had taken care of the updating and, voila, my website, now, shows up on the web. Many thanks to you and to vodahost! I think my mistake was that I should have updated DNS before transferring the domain to vodahost. After transfer the domain is locked for 60 days (non transferability). I'm not sure but that is my suspicion. Once again, thanks!
            Dan

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Great news ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X