• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot access free domain transfer area

I'm following the directions, I have unlocked my domain name on Netfirms,
    In the how to post I click on the link that says; "Click Here"

Screen shot

"The Transfer Request....................

[Step 3]
    Once the above 3 EASY steps are complete Please Click Here to submit a transfer request to our domains department.

Subject Line: free transfer request or paid transfer request (select one)"

Then I am sent to a support page that requires my "control panel user name' Which I don't have yet!!!

How do I access the domain name transfer area?

Thanks

Jules

The practice of yoga is absolutely essential to the realization that the practice of yoga is absolutely unneccesary.

Re: Cannot access free domain transfer area

Then I am sent to a support page that requires my "control panel user name' Which I don't have yet!!!
    You can not have a free transfer until you have a control panel username, in order to have a control panel username....you need to have purchased a VodaHost web hosting account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
      You can not have a free transfer until you have a control panel username, in order to have a control panel username....you need to have purchased a VodaHost web hosting account.
      Dear VodaHost, I DID

and in the acceptance page this was displayed

Auth code: 309291
      AVS code; 1
      TransID: 1680099312

and that's when the problems began. I opted to do a domain name transfer and clicked the appropriate link in your instructions (after unlocking my registration at Netfirms), it sent me to a support page which requires my control panel user name which I have nor recieved, so at this point I'm unable to transfer my domain name and cannot access my control panel?

I recieved several emails from Sandra Kellog welcoming me etc. but nothing else.

What's up?

Cheers

Jules
      Last edited by lulalake; 01-04-2008, 01:52 AM. Reason: (Sp)
      The practice of yoga is absolutely essential to the realization that the practice of yoga is absolutely unneccesary.

Comment

Well, I'm sure that it told you it could take up to 72 hours to receive the email with all your cp id's, etc. If you have not received them in the emails from Sandra Kellog, then you must wait for one.

I can't imagine why you would get "several" welcome emails. Usually there is one, and possibly a 2nd giving the instructions on how to point nameservers, etc. And usually they all say welcome and that your user id's, etc will be coming shortly. Until you have the passwords from that, you cannot complete the transfer.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
          Well, I'm sure that it told you it could take up to 72 hours to receive the email with all your cp id's, etc. If you have not received them in the emails from Sandra Kellog, then you must wait for one.

I can't imagine why you would get "several" welcome emails. Usually there is one, and possibly a 2nd giving the instructions on how to point nameservers, etc. And usually they all say welcome and that your user id's, etc will be coming shortly. Until you have the passwords from that, you cannot complete the transfer.
          Beth,
          You come through again! Actually I got 3, two welcomes and one with a password however nothing was mentioned or even hinted about nameservers.

I will wait.

Thanks again

Jules

Comment

If you got the one with a password - it should have had all the information you needed -including your control panel user name.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X