Domain transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain transfer

In reading the page about transfering a domain name I find that I have to be listed as the administrator. When I "Whois-ed my domain I find that "Domains by Proxy" is listed as the aqdministrator. How do I proceed or is thid not an obstacle? A company called DCNet2000 actually reserved the name for me, but DBP administrates it for security reasons. I makes good sense to me, but will I bve able to transfer?

Re: Domain transfer

Domains by Proxy is where your website is sitting. You'll need to contact them to take care of this. You always want to have control of your website so you can point it where you want, or move it.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,

I have contacted them. I registered this domain in 92 and have kept it current with the plan to establish a website. I never thought I would be doing it myself, but here I am. I went through the process of accessing all the information through "Domains By Proxy." The one thing that is unclear to me is, will I be able to point the Domain to BlueVoda to host. It is probably the one single thing that is holding me back from signing up and registering. I do not want to register here if I cannot bring my Domain with me. Still a Newbee, David

Comment

No problem and no need to transfer...just update the name servers to our DNS setting and your domain name will work on our servers.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the response. That gives me a bit more confidence. I am not quite certain exactly how to do all that yet but if I work my way through the tutorials I'll bet I can figure it out. I seem to have encountered in my travels through the site a how to on that sort of thing. Cool! I'm on it! Dave

Comment

Working...
          X