Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domain Name Transfer less than 60 days???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Name Transfer less than 60 days???

Hi Eveyone,

I was reading the Domain Name Transfer tutorial and it states

a) Only domains with the below extensions may be transferred to VodaHost.

.com / .net / .org / .info / .us / .biz / .co.uk / .org.uk /.ca
    d) Your domain must be at least 60 days old. If it is not at least 60 days old.

If your domain name does not meet the above criteria, please let us know and will issue alternative instructions.

Now my domain I have only registered with web hosting ireland 3 weeks ago, well my girlfriend did. I was going to ask for alternative instructions as it states above but I read then in the Trobleshooter section that(see below)

Troubleshooting - Why Do Transfers Fail?

4) Your domain name is less than 60 days old. You can not transfer a domain name that is less than 60 days old ( Don't ask me why, it's the law).

Is this still the case, I have no choice but to create a new domain name with Vodahost???.

Thanks
    Gary

Re: Domain Name Transfer less than 60 days???

You have the choice of NOT transferring it over Gary.

Leave it where it is and just repoint the servres to VodaHost. By far the simplest way to go.

Then when you open a VH account just choose the option that says 'already have a domain'
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ok Marincky,

I assume I need to open an VH account first, then wait for my welcome mail. I assume in that mail I get the VH servers to point to, then go to web hosting ireland and re-point to the VH servers?? Is this the correct sequence of steps??.

Thanks for the info Marincky
      Gary

Comment

That's precisely correct
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Nice one thanks Marincky, one last thing, after I do the above steps I don't have to keep the web hosting ireland account going do I? . I assume I can kill it!

Thanks
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by macman View Post
            Nice one thanks Marincky, one last thing, after I do the above steps I don't have to keep the web hosting ireland account going do I? . I assume I can kill it!

Thanks
            Gary
            You don't need the hosting account with them but you do need to keep them as the domain registras. Now they shouldn't charge you for this excpet for the 2 yearly renewal fee.

Just make sure if you cancel anything with them you are just cancelling the website hosting and nothing else.

Comment

Thanks Marincky, pearls of wisdom from you.

Gary

Comment

Working...
              X