• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • econstas
    Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

2nd Domain onto BlueVoda

Hello, there, I have have a .com domain that I want to transfer to bluevoda. Currently have the .net page already set via bluevoda. The question(s) is should I make it a subdomain? Seperate domain? I want to have the .com as my merchant side of the busienss and .net as the information side.

Thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
    mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: 2nd Domain onto BlueVoda

if you own the name, i would make it an add on.
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Yes like Mr. MaGoo says, you need to add this as an add on domain

A sub-domain is created when you do not have or did not purchase another domain name and a sub-domain is part of a main domain .. a sub-domain would have your main domain in the url ...
      example would be if I had a bicycle shop on my waterski site .. the url would look like bicycles.waterski.com/nameofpage.html

You might seek the advice from Bethers, but you need to be careful with duplicate content from one site to another - sounds like you know what you are doing, and if you think one site's content will be diluted with info or each site containing too much of the same, you might instead consider loading up the one site and then just redirecting the .net to the .com site instead .. Bethers will be around for some good advice with this ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• econstas
        Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I was wondering about that subdomain. Similar to the geocities/myspace of doing business. Thanks again. I will have to contact Bethers.

That is a worry about posting info, but I figured the .com will be only for sales anyways.. and the about us page can be directed to the .net side. Make things in seperate sections.
        Thanks,
        Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Why don't you do it all on the one domain? If you do want to use both - make sure you have completely different content on both- and I actually would recommend it not be on the same server - but have it's own hosting - so that it doesn't look like 2 websites doing the same.

But, again, my question is why are you using 2 different websites - when you can easily add the information to the .com and make it even that much more valuable?
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• econstas
            Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

I was just wondering the same thing with the business because I am all for 1 site since, you see who will be doing the website... lol. The answer is that this other site will be a division of the parent company. Our main company is an event management company that provides family entertainment and installations for businesses. The .com will be for the sales of items that are in our area of knowledge and it will be different with what its trying to accomplish.

The .com will be more like an online business sales website will end up looking or feel. The .net will be mainly information for bookings, rentals, and so on.

But you also suggest to have on a separate hosting server?
            Thanks,
            Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

• Bethers
              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

OK, now it makes sense to have 2 websites. And, no, in this case having a 2nd account probably isn't necessary. IF the 2 sites will be competing for keywords, etc - and IF you will be putting lots of the same information on both sites, then, I would recommend a 2nd account not on the same server. However, I don't think you'll have a problem from what you just said.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X