Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving the HOSTING ....

Hi,

I'm bringing BOTH the domain to Vodahost - (VodaHost will be registrar)
    AND I'll be hosting at VodaHost ...

I've already initiated the DOMAIN transfer, that is moving smoothly ...
    HOWEVER ...

I was using Yahoo to host my questions involve closing the yahoo hosting account and starting the VodaHost.

1. When do I cancel the Yahoo Host Account? Now? Later?

2. Do I wait until my domain has tranferred from Tucows to Voda?

3. If I was using Yahoo to HOST ... who changes the DNS?

Hope someone can help me with changing the actual hosting, and what I have to do on my end?

To make it easier, I was using Homestead as the registrar (They third party tucows) and Yahoo Small Business Hosting

I'll be relieved when everything is HERE in one place - but help me get thru it all ! Ugh!

David

Re: Moving the HOSTING ....

Originally posted by DreamStar View Post
    Hi,

I'm bringing BOTH the domain to Vodahost - (VodaHost will be registrar)
    AND I'll be hosting at VodaHost ...

I've already initiated the DOMAIN transfer, that is moving smoothly ...
    HOWEVER ...

I was using Yahoo to host my questions involve closing the yahoo hosting account and starting the VodaHost.

1. When do I cancel the Yahoo Host Account? Now? Later?

It depends if you will be entitled to a refund for any remaining time you have on your hosting account, if you are, then as soon as your domain is transferred, cancel it .. however, as soon as your domain is transferred your website will disappear until you publish another website to your voda servers.

2. Do I wait until my domain has tranferred from Tucows to Voda?

If the transfer actually is in progress then yes, you will have to wait, but in the meantime I suggest that you begin building your website unless you already have it ready to publish when your hosting account and domain transfer are finalized.

3. If I was using Yahoo to HOST ... who changes the DNS?

You will receive the information from voda hosting, as well, watch for an email that will need a response from you, verifying you have indeed requested this domain transfer - unless you respond to that email your transfer will fail ..

Hope someone can help me with changing the actual hosting, and what I have to do on my end?

If you have opened a hosting account with VH and if you have actually submitted for a domain transfer, voda host will take care of everything - You will be able to check on this in your vbs billing, you may have to change the servers there ..

To make it easier, I was using Homestead as the registrar (They third party tucows) and Yahoo Small Business Hosting

I'll be relieved when everything is HERE in one place - but help me get thru it all ! Ugh!

David

Good Luck and welcome!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Another thing - if the site is up on Yahoo - or where ever now - you don't want to change the nameservers until you are ready to put up the new site - unless you don't care if you have downtime.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth - I sure appreciate that important point! I'll leave it on Yahoo until everything is ready here at VH!

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
          Good Luck and welcome!

THANKS Lady Eye - I appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions - as well as Beth too!

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X