transfer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer question

if I don't want to transfer my new website address over, how do i make it still work in Bluevoda. can someone point me in the right direction for instructions to set it up without transfering this address over.
    www.perfectscents.ca

Re: i dont want to transfer

if your domain name is with another registrar and you want to point it to Blue Voda, the company that has sold you the domain name would help you do that. i believe it is called forwarding, but if it is another hosting company, they would have to host the website and you would point it to Blue Voda. that really doesnt make any sense as you would have to pay for 2 hostings. i would call the company that sold you the name. remember that the first transfer is free with BV as is the new domain name.
    hope this helps,
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

It's simply a matter of pointing your nameservers to the ones given to you by VH when you purchasing hosting. You have to use VH hosting to use BV, but you don't have to move your website.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Can you give me step by step instructions. Do I go into Cpanel?
        where in cpanel do I go? Where do I add my new website address? And where do I goto point the name servers into the right direction?
        www.perfectscents.ca

Comment

Have you received your welcome letter? Included with it were step-by-step instructions for this. There are also step-by-step instructions in the tutorials - have you looked at them?

But - you can't point the nameservers from within the cpanel - as you stated your domain is parked ELSEWHERE. You need to go to where the domain is - and take the nameserver information from your welcome email - and change the nameservers THERE.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

K I have now changed the name servers. I have lost my welcome email after I had a virus on my computer but I have found my nameserver information through my go daddy account.
            Anyway, my new domain name server has been entered. Now what do I do.
            www.perfectscents.ca

Comment

If I add a domain, I read that I have to be the registerer or else it wont work.... If I transfer the domain I only have to be the administrater. Is that correct?
              www.perfectscents.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chunter257 View Post
                If I add a domain, I read that I have to be the registerer or else it wont work.... If I transfer the domain I only have to be the administrater. Is that correct?

Any domain that you intend on publishing a website from your voda hosting account needs to be in your name .. whether it is an add on domain or a domain transfer .. the domain name must match the name on voda hosting account. You are not permitted to host a website within your account for another person, this would be termed reselling and is not permitted.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X