Domain name transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name transfer

Please forgive me if this topic has already been covered, but I have two domain names registered with another company. These both expire in a month or so...so if I let the term expire they will presumably be up for grabs again. Can I then register them through Vodahost, without the hassle of transferring them? Owing to my unusual name, it is unlikeky they would be snapped up, and the time frame is not critical. Could anyone advise me if my logic is misguided.
    Many thanks in advance, Brillo.

Re: Domain name transfer

my vote would be to leave them with your present registrar, especially if you have control over them. i guess it would depend on the cost factors and the worry if someone else gets them. once they are paid for you can change the dns server with your initial welcome letter that has all your information.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

brillo,

If I cared about the domains I wouldn't waste one second worrying about losing them. I'd reregister them in time. Depend on what you're paying of course but if it is a fair price after re-regestering them you can simply point them at your VodaHost server and you're in business.
      Don't underestimate the domain harvesting business. If these sites have been live at all they may appear to have value to some for any traffic they may have aquired. Or who knows why someone else may want them but for all you know they may already be 'tagged' to auto-register them the second they are dropped.
      Why take that chance?
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Hi,

The domain names are not going anywhere if you are the registered owner. Just renew before they expire.

Open a vodaHost hosting account and submit a ticket to request VodaHost to undertake the transfer to a Registrar under VodaDomains.

Your account allows for one free transfer and the second VH will charge
        a years registration [which will extend your domain registration to be extended by another year].
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
        X