• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrdeeds
    Private First Class

• Jan 2008

Additional Domain Names

Hi
    I have already created a website in Bluevoda www.casanelvineyards.com (still a work in progress)
    I also have this name registered with .info, .net etc. as well as a couple of other names my clients wanted to reserve like www.casanelfarm.com and .info, .net (these are all purchased through *******)
    They would like all of the domains to point to casanelvineyards.com
    What are the ups and downs to this? What is the best way to go about this? I would appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thanks
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Additional Domain Names

The main advantage I can think of registering the .net, .org, .info, etc of a domain name is to prevent other people (possible your competition, if you are competing with other websites to provide a particular service) from getting them.

To do it just add them as an addon domain, and setup a redirect to your name site

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• mrdeeds
      Private First Class

• Jan 2008

OK, I created a redirect page using a script from another post I was reading. The redirect is http://www.casanelvineyards.com/CasanelRedirect.html

Would there much difference between what you said to do or if i just went to the control panel of the host for my extra domain names and just forwarded them to the link above?
      My problem just might be i dont understand the difference between the two options.

Thanks again

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

No need to make them add-on domains, a redirect can be done from where ever you have them parked. So, to answer your question, yes, I'd simply go to the cp where they are.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X