gumpa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gumpa

Hi I am brand new to this and need help with a domain transfer. I have just purchased a domain name with add ons,business registration, private registration services and a certified domain. I had trouble trying to get them to host me, so have found Bluevoda which is much more client orientated. Are these transferable with the domain? The whole point of this was to try and remain anonymous until my goal had been reached. Must I now redo all these with vodahost. thanks

Re: gumpa

Hi Gumpa - any domain name that you purchased at any domain registrar is yours and can be used with voda hosting in an unlimited amount .. you can also choose to have voda host transfer the domains for you by submitting a request through domain name support@vodasupport.com
    Alternatively your domains can be left at your current domain registrar and change only the domain name servers, replacing your voda host servers with those you use now.

Welcome!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Gumpa,
      As Karen says, you can transfer your domain registrations to VodaHost to manage BUT by some law, it can't be done until you have owned them for 60 days. In the meantime, you can leave them where they are and just redirect to the Voda Server address you'll be given when you purchase a VodaHost hosting account. If YOU own all domain names, you can have them all Hosted on the one account for the same price.
      Good luck

Comment

thank you Karen and Meanderer. The domain is too new to transfer. please advise as to how I proceed with pointing servers? as said i have procured this domain and this is through a proxy secure service. do I contact them for help?

Comment

Originally posted by gumpa View Post
          Hi I am brand new to this and need help with a domain transfer. I have just purchased a domain name with add ons,business registration, private registration services and a certified domain. I had trouble trying to get them to host me, so have found Bluevoda which is much more client orientated. Are these transferable with the domain? The whole point of this was to try and remain anonymous until my goal had been reached. Must I now redo all these with vodahost. thanks
          Hi Gumpa,
          I'm not totally clear on what you mean by some of the terms you have used in your opening post.
          Let me describe the process first of all.
          1) You have to open/purchase a Hosting Account with VodaHost and supply them with the MAIN DOMAIN NAME for your site with other pertinent information that the forms ask for.
          2) You will receive from VodaHost, a Welcoming Email that is a few pages long and contains ALL the information about your Account including the various Login Names and Passwords. (Sometimes this email gets filtered to your Spam bin SO KEEP an eye open for it .... usually within 24 hrs.
          3) On that email it will give you details about your (2) VH Server addresses. These are the addresses you have to get your Domain Name Registrar to point to.
          4) Log into the control panel of the Service that has your Domain Registration and you can enter the details of the redirection to VH servers yourself. OR you can phone them and they should be co-operative enough to do it for you. (Doing yourself is best way of learning/understanding these things)
          That's all there is to the mechanics of redirection.
          Now, how many domain names have you got registered? You mentioned add-ons but I don't know if you are referring to extra domain names? Also, I think you might be meaning that you have purchased ID Protection with your domain name. (Look
          here to see what VodaHost offers for clarification.) If it's what you mean, then you wouldn't have to do anything. It's provided separately so your subscription, I'd imagine, would continue for the term you purchased.
          As I said, I don't fully comprehend what you have purchased. e.g. Did you go as far as purchasing HOSTING with them? A secure server?

Hope this helps you,
          Regards,
          Rick

Comment

Hi Gumpa,

What Rick has explained is very clear.

Since I noticed you have very limited knowledge on the issue at hand
            my advice is after opening a hosting account with VodaHost submit a
            support ticket to request one free transfer to be done by VodaHost which you are entitled to.

However, you can only do the above transfer after the mandatory 60 days had lapsed.

To be able to start your site immediately I suggest you buy a new domain name from VodaDomains and you are off and running.

You can use the existing domain name already purchased by you as an AddOn Domain [as a 2nd site to compliment or for different activities]
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks again Rick!
              1. Yes I have a Vodahost hosting account
              2. I have the mail.
              3.I found the VH server adress
              4. I will log on to the existing domain keeper and input these myself.
              One domain name only, and you are correct in that I purchased ID protection together with a certified domain and a business registration for the said domain which I erroneously termed as "add ons",
              Thanks also to ZURIATMAN, my limited knowledge may be construed as none! I rue the day I set my abacus aside. I am determined however to learn, which I shall do with the great help you are all providing.
              Thanks again to all.

Comment

Hi Rick
                I have been to the Domain manager and have input the Vodahost name servers as instructed. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by gumpa View Post
                  Hi Rick
                  I have been to the Domain manager and have input the Vodahost name servers as instructed. Thank you
                  Great! :)
                  Doesn't it feel good to accomplish something when you are in strange new territory? Pleased I could help.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X