Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website propagating

Hi, Gang!

My website clamcentral.com (just a learning experience for me at this point) works fine and can be found on the web--unless I use a search engine. It's been more than 72 hours.

Thoughts:

1. My domain name is elsewhere with the DNS pointed at VodaHost; seems fine.
    2. My email can send but not receive, SOOOooooo....

Could this be a "use the ISP's name instead of VodaHost" thing, or am I looking for something completely different?

Thanks much,

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Re: website not propagating

I see a bright green page about clam bakes and christs mercy.. or some such with a tom finley as the author?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You wont get found in the search engines within 72 hours..it might be 2 months before they list you.. Your website is up and fine.

I have no idea about your mail as thats not a propogating issue, and you didnt give me enough information to tell you. Contact your isp and ask them about using a 3rd party mail in outlook

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

soooooooooooooo.. my avatar made me do it!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, Karen

Thank you very much!

But, about your comment that the search engines won't find me for weeks... I have the famous search engine as my browser home page. If I replace it's name on the address bar, I can go to my site. But if I use the "I'm feeling lucky" button, I'm sent to a site that sells defunct domains. I'm sure you know all about this sort of stuff.

I thought the "wait 24-72 hours" advice in the tutorials applied to being able to find a domain with the "lucky" button or equivalent. Am I wrong? Will it be a couple of months before the average Joe will find my site if it's his habit to type it in the....

(I could go on with this, but I can see I'm boring you :)

Let me know what you think, I appreciate all the help!

Tom

btw, are we privates expected to salute you officers? I feel sort of silly doing that here at the kitchen table...

Comment

Tom

They can find you if they type in the www.clamcentral.com just fine. If you give them the link they will find you just fine. If you type in clam central they wont find you most likely, until and unless you are indexed and rank for those terms. Whatever makes you think just because you have that title, that a couple of billion other sites might exist with those terms on their page? And that you get to pass go and collect $200.00????

I feel like Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry.. "DO YOU FEEL LUCKY TODAY, Well doya punk?"

NOPE you dont gotta salute me... Just think OUTSIDE the box.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Have you done your home work with the site, like submitting your url to google and yahoo, also your meta tags like key words. Other than that its just a wait period, be patient
              sigpicJoe
              Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
              The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Yes, but only just recently. I haven't been expecting to see my site in a list dredged up in a search--I don't expect to see that for a looong time. I just thought the "I'm feeling lucky" button went straight to a site typed in there, but it doesn't--it has to be typed in the address bar at the top. I'm worried a little because I led some seminars last week promising people they could get to my site after I set it up this week--I'm thinking many people will try the search, not realizing the solution is to use the address bar at the top.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

Tom

Comment

Re: website propagating

Anyone who doesn't know to utilise a web address by typing it into a web address bar is going to have problems utilising the internet to any great effect.

The convention when telling people about your site is to give them your web address, not to tell them to search Google for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X