two domains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two domains?

when odering bv i opted to use an existing domain name and leave it at my current host, in hindsight i should've taken up the offer of the free bv domain and left my existing site up, giving me the option of two websites offering different services i.e a co.uk site and a .com, is there a way i can go back and claim the free domain to publish my new bv site?
    current site is paulburtgroundwork.co.uk which is under construction and paulburtgroundwork.com is available.
    thanks
    paul.

Re: two domains?

Originally posted by pbg View Post
    when odering bv i opted to use an existing domain name and leave it at my current host, in hindsight i should've taken up the offer of the free bv domain and left my existing site up, giving me the option of two websites offering different services i.e a co.uk site and a .com, is there a way i can go back and claim the free domain to publish my new bv site?
    current site is paulburtgroundwork.co.uk which is under construction and paulburtgroundwork.com is available.
    thanks
    paul.

You can have both of your domains with voda hosting .. you could order up your .com domain from voda hosting and explain that you didn't choose the free domain or the free transfer and they may be forgiving, if not it's not alot of money for another domain name .. and you will want to offer different services, otherwise you would want to redirect one to the other so your site wasn't seen as having duplicate content ..

- do you mean leaving your domain at the current host or leaving your domain at the current registrar?

- I assume you intend to build your .co.uk site with blue voda - if so, then you do not need to keep your other hosting, you would only keep your other domain registrar and you would point this domain to your voda host servers -

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks for the reply but i don't mind admitting i'm a bit lost with it, i've taken the bv free domain and that site is up and running paulburtgroundwork.com i've got my server to point my old site to bv but how do i publish another site to this domain? wouldn't i have to open another bv account or can i publish to two domains from one account, if so can you give me some tips on how to go about it please.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Hi pbg..
          You can do a second website as a Add On website... this way it will have it's own address... look into the Control Panel Tutorials about how to do an addon website... you will find answers there... Doug

Comment

thanks doug, thats worked a treat.

Comment

Working...
            X