• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creatific
    Private First Class

• Jan 2008

Two Domains/ How 2's

I already have www.creatific.biz and want to set up another website seperate from mine www.maryannsjewelrybox.com. The name was purchased from ******* and I have already set the DNS to ns1.voda21.com and ns2.voda21.com during the ordering process. Then I went to cpanel and made it an addon domain.

Here are my questions

1) How do I give seperate passwords for access to the site and for email accounts so that they can only access their site and not mine but I have all access?

2) I tryed to publish an index page to that directory and a 550 error can't change directory to public_html/maryannsjewelrybox:no such file or directory......What did I do wrong in creating addon?

P.S. I maybe moving to fast I just ordered the name today at 1:00pm approx.

Thank you
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Two Domains/ How 2's

1) You can't have separate usernames/password to access cpanel. The addon was assigned a ftp account which keeps the access to the websites somewhat separate. Thats about the closest you will get. Also FYI... when you say their site it makes me assume you are hosting someone else's site.. just so you know that violates the T.O.S

2) Make sure that the directory "maryannsjewelrybox" exists within the "public_html" directory. If it does make sure the spelling is correct (it is case sensitive).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Meanderer
      Major

• Aug 2007

creatific,

Crikey! I just visited your site. I suggest you look at posts on resizing of images. Your images might be small in pixel size (dimensions) but are Huge in kbs (files size). Home page has all those images at the original kbs. One is 2Mb.
      Read this Thread and any others along these lines to understand what you need to do. I also recommend this free service for optimising images for web use.

Watdaflip pointed out that it's against the Terms of Service to host other peoples sites on your account. Which is correct. I think you may have miss worded your post. Did you mean to give them access to pages within your site? Best you explain clearly what you were aiming to achieve and regarding who accesses what.

Rick

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

No, Rick....it is clear that the intention is to "create-terrific" sites for others and host them in one VodaHost account, as Wadaflip correctly spotted and reminded is not permitted and a clear violation of Terms of Service.

THAT is why there is only one access granted for each individually assigned hosting account, and it is impossible to "share" Control Panels, hosting, domains, or any other aspect according to stipulations by VodaHost and upheld by ICANN.

> If it is discovered that an accountholder is in fact hosting domains or websites for others, VodaHost reserves the right to cancel the account without notification or refund.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• creatific
          Private First Class

• Jan 2008

First Thank you for the links on picture resizing.

Second, the domain for which I was attempting to make pages for is one of three companies owned by my family. Jones Gifts & Such, Creatific and Maryanns Jewelry Box. We all sell different products and sell each others products. We are however different companies in different states. No there were no monies exchanged and because of the way were work together I did not see it a violation.

My intention was to have all three companies (plus 1 personal site) on this account. The passwords were so that when my aunt in Florida accessed the account she did not mess up anything else on the account.

The T.O.S state that you cannot:
          2) Create accounts for third parties. All domain names that are in your control
          panel must be under your direct control and administration. You are not
          permitted to create accounts for third parties on you account.

If this falls in this category we will purchase more hosting space.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by creatific View Post
            The T.O.S state that you cannot:
            2) Create accounts for third parties. All domain names that are in your control panel must be under your direct control and administration. You are not permitted to create accounts for third parties on you account.

If this falls in this category we will purchase more hosting space.
            You should keep an eye out for the regular "Seasonal" offers from VodaHost to save $30 for each new account....we are due for a new Spring Coupon to come out real soon!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• creatific
              Private First Class

• Jan 2008

Thank you. We will.

Comment

Working...
              X