publishing to second domain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing to second domain?

hi, i currently have two domains a .com and a .co.uk, the .com is hosted by voda the .co.uk by a host here in the uk but pointed to voda, at the moment the co.uk redirects to the .com on which i've published a complete website, it's been pointed out to me that this is a mistake as the .com will knock me down in the uk engine searches, so what i'd like to do is to get the .co.uk back up and running in it's own right, i have an ftp account created for the co.uk domain but if i try to upload my existing web site it goes through the motions but nothing appears on the page, i just get a list of pages that made up the previous web site i had at this domain, obviously i'm doing something wrong and i'm aware once i've managed to publish the site i'll have two domains showing the same site but i intend to use the .com to offer different services once i've created a new site for it.
    thanks
    paul.
    www.paulburtgroundwork.com
    www.paulburtgroundwork.co.uk

Re: publishing to second domain?

Remember that you cannot publish a Blue Voda created website anywhere but to a VodaHost account......

1. Access your "UK" account and release all forwarding and re-direction settings.
    2. Using another foundation (you can manually download Joomla, phpNuke, Xoops, etc. which are open source and Free) to create your "UK" website, merely install your chosen script or publish directly to that site, now that you have released the forwarding.
    3. I would definitely establish links from each site to the other (cross-linking) to aid in any additional traffic and metric value.

It is not entirely true that your "rank" in the local UK directories or Data Centers maintained by Google and Yahoo will be downgraded either by forwarding a .co.uk domain to a .com for it is truly the destination site values upon arrival that influence valuations: in other words, the SE's will follow any path drawn, but when they arrive to a site is when they begin to evaluate it --- they do not assign values to the path itself.

If you do not have enough "local" inbound relevance (inbound links, local Key Words aqnd established 'relevance') then you will not be able to significantly create natural local relevance (including traffic itself). The key is to balance your footprint in your local market as well as the global market (if that is important moreso than the local) by inclusion on as many high value local directories, complimentary sites, directories, etc.
    This can be successfully accomplished with one site hosted outside of a local (or dual) market if content and structure is maintained and compliant. It is simply a matter of cognizant effort.

Anyway....back to the main issue: you will not be able to access or publish to your UK account until you release all presets, and re-establish direct paths.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: publishing to second domain?

once again, thanks very much.
      just wonder if you could give me some more advice?
      my curent site through bv covers basically all that we do including a small section on stone paving which dosn't really do it justice plus the fact that although paving would be classed as groundwork you really are targetting different customers with this section and theres enough content to justify a site purely for this paving service, hence the need for two sites, in your opinion would i be better leaving my co.uk site dormant with a redirection to my current .com and setting up a new site through bv for something like paulburtpaving.co.uk or simular and keeping the two seperate with as you say just links between the two? toying with the idea of selling the paving through the net which would be a new venture but would also require online payments etc which seems fairly straight forward using bv.
      i'd much prefer to publish any future sites through bv as i've found it vastly easier to use then anything i've used before.
      thanks
      paul.

Comment

Working...
      X