Domain Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Names

if a new domain is named for example www.seafoodplatter.com will searches for both full name and partial searches such as seafood and/or platter or seafoodplatter direct it to the site? Is it better to combine the names as above or use _ or -?? Opinion...is it better to use just food or culinary as a keyword in Title or domain name, alot of people including myself mighty misspell culinary???????????/
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Domain Names

Domain names themselves are high value in Search, and the next important aspect considered is Page Titles.

The shorter the name, the more memorable it is for people (and although may get pulled up more for Search based on "universiality" of the shoter term) but may result in the site being pushed further down the results page due to other sites being more optimized, content-rich, been there longer, etc.

Having longer, or "phrase-like" domain names makes it less memorable and more likely to be mis-entered by visitors (mis-spelled, wrong word combinations, etc.), but may in fact result in a better showing of Search results (ranking) based on the narrow focus having more "key words" in the domain itself --- and then Page Title is much more of a contributing aspect as well.

It's a choice (or compromise) really, and I for one opt to have shorter and more marketable domain names and rely on better site constructs and optimization practices to do the job.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hey Eric....
      here it is....I want a site for Culinary Tours in Merida Yucatan, have chefs and restaurants and a chef's school there plus the university is willing to help FREE! Any ideas Mexican food gets like 40 mil hits but the culinary is too long, no?...maybe Mexfood don;l=t know, Thoughts?

Choco
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

As most already know, I get a little nuts when it comes to domains (I have 192 right now as it is), and if you are able to afford it, I would consider buying 2-4 and simply point the others to a single website:
        YucatanCulinaryTours.com
        MexicanCulinaryTours.com
        MexicanFoodTours.com
        TourMexicanCuisine.com
        TopMexicanCulinaryTours.com

etc.

But...you know, it's always up to finding the right "solution" that works best for you, right?
        And for those who say re-directing domains is a "no-no" you tell them to tell ME to my face, OK?

Besides, doing one site and re-directing domains can be just a quick-fix anyway: when you have the time, merely change 10% of each page content of the one website and publish it as an add-on, and then each domain has it's own solid metric value.....(just the changing out the site name in the Content is often enough, but the opportunity to "customize" each is far too great for most of us to leave undone, you know???)

LOL

Comment

Thanks as usual Eric....will get say three and my last free one that'll be four if I can convince them ( VH ) that I have it coming...get back to you, thanks again. No nos don't mean anything if they get the job done.
          Choco
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X