Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

add-on domain was redirected to main URL!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add-on domain was redirected to main URL!

I have been working on building several sites at one time. I have published the landing page of the second (add-on) site without publishing the Main Site. Here is the problem. The add-on domain points to the Main domain URL even though I created the additional "public_html/xxx.com folder in Blue Voda FTP. It seems to have defaulted to the main URL. Do I have to publish on the main site first or what needs to be done? I do not want to use the main domain at this time.

Using Blue Voda 9.3 with Vista

forrealdeals.com

Re: add-on domain was redirected to main URL!

You need to publish to where you specified the files should go when you created the addon. It should have created the folder for you. Just making a folder called the same as your domain with a ftp won't work. (unless that folder name is the exact same as one defined as an addon domain or subdomain, in which case it will recognize it).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

In FTP server files, I see the necessary files are not in the add-on domain folder. Is it necessary to delete those files and re-upload them to the add-on.com folder? Correct me if I am wrong but I don't want to delete anything without being sure! Then re-publish? Sounds good anyhow!

Comment

Also, is it required to redirect my add-on domain in cPanel to it's URL?

Comment

It depends on what the files are and how they were installed. You could move them to this folder. In Cpanel you shouldnt have to redirect the addon anywhere, it should be done when you use cpanel to create it. If you didnt use cpanel to create it, you might consider doing so, this might fix your issues.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Something just doesn't seem right! I created the add-on with cPanel. When I connect to the the FTP server, and look at public_html files the only reference to any files are for the add-on. Nothing here for the main domain. In other, words I have ZERO files referencing my main domain. I have never published my main domain, however, I would think there would be some reference to it. I am starting to have a sneaky feeling that occured with a power outage during the publish of my addon. Can anybody tell me if there should be any of the main files there! Even if it is not published. I am beginning to think this problem is more of a technical issue.

Comment

If you haven't published anything to your main site then there WON'T be anything there.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi

public_html is the directory for your main domain, and doesn't take on the name of the domain as your add on domains do .. all of your files you publish to your main domain will show up in the public_html folder when you publish, that is it's folder.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

First I would like to Thank You folks for all of the support. I have found the problem to be as simple as publishing to the wrong destination. Considering that I was using my add-on domain ,the publish destination info was not typed correctly. As has been stated many times in this forum, read, read, and read again! I have renewed my faith in this web builder and once again, I am having FUN. Thanks again for the support and just to let you know something said from Ladyeye was what lead me to the fix. She seems to be very popular here, and justifiably so!

Drop by "the beginning" of my site and email comments.

EzbuildPC.com

Comment

Working...
                  X