New add-0n domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New add-0n domain

I have added a new add-0n domain (castle-point-charters.com) to my account but a anrelated website comes up. I have added the new domain name to my account. aaaaawhat else do I need to do?

Re: New add-0n domain

Hi Okay .. well you need to log into your vbs billing and check to see if the name servers for this domain are pointed to your two voda hosting servers. (Or if your domain resides elsewhere, you will need to log in to your domain registrar and change there)

These servers are found in your log in information email ..

your vbs log in information can be found there as well ..

(Once inside your vbs you can take a peak at your main domain and notice the server names and how they are input into the boxes where you will need to make the change, remove what is there and put in your VH servers instead)

Once your name servers are set and you have added on this domain, it can take a few hrs or less to propogate and then you will be ready to publish your index page to bring your domain to life ..

and remember that you will need to publish to the directory for this domain ..

public_html is the directory for your main domain

public_html/nameofaddondomain is the directory for your add on domain
    (you'll need to type this in the publishing box and remove it when publishing to your main domain again)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have entered the dns at vbs. Republished to public_html/castle-point-charters but I still get the unrelated website. What else could I be doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Hi .. it looks as though your domain has propogated ..

Now the only thing left to do, to bring your website live is to publish your pages ..

remember - your landing page, the page that you come to when you type in your domain name must be named index

1) created as index
        2) saved as index
        3) published as index
        4) all small letters, nothing else, simply index

All other pages can be named as you like, provided they are all small letters, there are no spaces between the words you may use in the page name, unless joined together by the use of the _ underscore symbol ..

Looks like you are all set other than publishing an index page ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I believe I have done everything correct. Published index page to castle-point-charters, added the name servers to vbs, created a new folder for castle-point-charters etc. but I still get the unrelated website appearing. Something that I did is not right and I can't figure out what.

Comment

I still get the unrelated website coming up

Comment

Ah, perhaps your own browser on your computer is cacheing ..

try hitting F5 - refresh - reboot if necessary .. I do see your website ..

it's live .. looks great Skipper!

tip - remember to title your pages - this is in a different area, your page titles can be added by right clicking on your page and choosing properties .. here you will see Title - Author - Description

Write some nice "keywords" there for your title and a nice description, a few lines of information about your site .. these tend to be the usual line of information found when you perform a search and come across your site .. so you'll want to make it interesting to catch attention. Each page should be different too, describing what each page is about.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X