• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: New Domain using keyword

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
    Vasili,
    Thank you for your patience and willingness to answer my questions !!!
    I think that the "forwarding" concept is my original thought. Buy the domain name(s), add relevant content (small amount?) and then use the script to forward to my established website.
    woohoo......with your help, I have seen 'The Light."

Is there a method (AWstats?) to determine traffic from a "forwarded" URL?

I am still not able to figure out why my main site is so far down the SE results when compared to competitor's. I think that mine is far more optimised than others (of course, I would..duh) Could it be that in my attempt to optmise that I am actually seen as spamming?
    www.redhawk-archery.com Thanks
    No problem, Brother! As a fellow "Defender" (I'm ex-Ranger) we already know how to work as a Team, and VodaTalk is merely another "unit" of personal progress, right?? LOL

AWStats (and especially Google Analytics, as this is something you embed on a page in the "Before Head") will give good numbers on a re-directed page, but there is nothing to track via forwarding --- there is no "page hit" or even "referring link" (which is a static element of a page).

Personally??
    No-one wants to bring it up, but I will: I believe that sites built using a "generator" such as BV which depends on blending HTML and CSS governance for styles will always fare below expectations .... it is the nature of how the spiders are 'encumbered' trying to make allowances to properly read and evaluate a "style" that although seems to logistically comply with all the details of SEO it is still a more complicated evaluation process than necessary. In other words, BV allows you to build sites "by the numbers" and do all the pre-optimization that is practical and standard, but the fabric BV uses is just slightly different enough for the SE's to think it "second-class" to other formats, such as 100% php (as might be seen in a CMS foundation like a Joomla or Xoops build) or straight HTML (as might be seen via Dreamweaver).

If you summarize all the posts here in VT on how sites have zoomed to the top, it is usually a result of being a new site, a really tight KW use, a quirky use of a Key Phrase that may be under represented or new altogether, or some other "oddity" metric --- since if you check back the next month, these same sites have fallen inexplicably to deep positions from the Top the once enjoyed. Pride goeth before a fall, eh?

There is a lot of chatter on the web about this, and how CSS can be best "modified" to be less of a problem when sites are not 100% CSS, like how blending CSS and Flash is being somewhat effective in making Flash more acceptable. Things like that....you still have to read between the lines at times, but the fact remains "blends" do not fare well (as in BV = CSS+HTML).

* That is why I always am harping on the emphasis of Content development, Perfect Page Model build constructs, and dotting every "i" and crossing every "t" when it comes to the details we CAN prepare in BV like Meta development, H-Meta, etc.

No, that would be unlikely, unless you have been doing too much email distribution and have gotten a warning not only from your ISP but VH also: being warned about email also follows to your site, which is temporarily ID'd as a potential violator, and that has negative consequences.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• CarbonTerry
      Major General

• Oct 2005

Vasili,
      Thanks again. I have purchased the domain peep-sights.com and made a simple one page site trying to create unique content and not duplicate the redhawk index page. If shoppers are interested they can click on a link which will take them directly to the redhawk site where they can purchase immediately.
      Your thoughts??
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
        Vasili,
        Thanks again. I have purchased the domain peep-sights.com and made a simple one page site trying to create unique content and not duplicate the redhawk index page. If shoppers are interested they can click on a link which will take them directly to the redhawk site where they can purchase immediately.Your thoughts??
        Go ahead and put something up so I can take a look at it....I have some ideas especially useful to your genrre, but I would like to see what you do first, so not to cramp your style or suggest something more than need be. I am all too aware of my inclination to expect more from myself than most would from themselves, so seeing your efforts will give me some sort of a base from which to refine/guage my suggestions.....deal?

Comment

• CarbonTerry
          Major General

• Oct 2005

Vasili,
          Deal.......already posted.
          Click on www.peep-sights.com & www.redhawk-archery.com
          redhawk is the original site
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

OK, FINE! (You sly Fox, you!)

1. Treat this domain/site as a pure "slave" and make it serve the Almighty RedHawk site with the metrics it can --- and this may co-incide with further development of the RH site, or be cause to undertake more effort, I dunno ----- Use this single page as a perfect way to create specific value "inbound links" to RH: single sentences that "invite" visitors to drill in for more info about technical aspects, additional related info, benefits, features, differences, etc....these all can be short but meaning-packed descriptive sentences that use a lot of KW on this page, and link to real core relevance Content on the RH site....Visitors will not mind thus seeing this on-pager as a type of "portal" as long as it also is richly laced with useful content or NAVIGATION, which is the fulfillment of their "search" that landed them there in the first place, right?
            2. This inbound link structure is important, because if worded/presented right, it will deliver real core traffic to certain INTERIOR pages of your main RH site, which is the finest examples of structuring net-wide relevancy, not relying solely on the tight weaving of CVontent and Meta on the RH site (* HINT: use "bookmarked" links especially, not just to the page in general >> demonstrate specific areas of Highly Valued Content, and the SE's will usually take your suggestion and do so as well)....it will add exponentially to trackable SE value of page visits and relevancy value that is solid and measurable: traffic is specifically LINKED to focused Content, and the more traffic delivered to that COntent, the more the SE's will attribute value in both relevancy and for their own cached purposes to offer results to their Search requests (a redundant means to self-elevate the import of your Content, as if the SE's are too non-human to recognize the value of the content and must rely on traffic to be an indicator). This really is pumping up the core metric of visits = import, and if you offer more nav/inbound links on the one-pager to deliver to more pages or more sections of RH content,the more you will actually attract to the one pager (initially) and to RH eventually (which, in time, will be the true repository of Relevancy).
            3. In time, this will require you to "rotate in" new KW and INBOUND links to the 1 pager, as you continue to develop and add Content to RH....thus, new injection of SE valued traffic based on ever wider demonstrated relevance and "status" of the Portal, having been a 'favored' indicator site in the past..... This should also point ou the need to include more ancillary images than the main focus of the portal as it is now.....since you can title them and tag them with added KW/phrases and info moreso than straight text, since you can use them as icon hyperlinks also....images thus have more versatility than plain text in this type of use on this type of site.
            4. So....try thinking of this site not so much as a "portal" or "slave/traffic cop" but as an "internet directory" (they don't have to be big or fancy, you know)....make it appear to be the best source of hard-linked specific topical Content....this way it is appealing to visitors, SE's, and the FUNCTIONS you can derive from it without appearing in the slightest as a 'referrer" site...(sub-doamins have been completely dis-favored in the last 5 months, due mostly to them being the favorite means for spammers to clone off sites and means to infect the net, and this has created new "familiarization methods" by Google especially to view uncharacteristically created sites with suspicion first).

Starting to see the logic?

I can go on and on, but think if you want to know more, you should email me personally....It has been a VERY long week full of predictable disasters and unnecessary crises, and I think I am finally and "Officially" pooped!

Comment

Working...
            X