• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sophie lindsay
    Private First Class

• Apr 2008

Constantly updating site - possible?

Hi,

I am a wedding photographer and want to constantly add pictures from new jobs, about once a fortnight. Ideally I would like to buy one website - for example photographer.com - and each fortnight I'd like to add photos from a new job (linked in with a name like photographer.com/jim_and_anna/index.html for ex). Each job must be separate, so each couple can go to their individual link.

If I buy just one domain name can I do this? Thanks very much.

sophie
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Constantly updating site - possible?

Originally posted by sophie lindsay View Post
    Hi,

I am a wedding photographer and want to constantly add pictures from new jobs, about once a fortnight. Ideally I would like to buy one website - for example photographer.com - and each fortnight I'd like to add photos from a new job (linked in with a name like photographer.com/jim_and_anna/index.html for ex). Each job must be separate, so each couple can go to their individual link.

If I buy just one domain name can I do this? Thanks very much.

sophie
    Hi Sophie,

I have made such a site...

www.jamesandbarbaraphotography.co.uk

If like my clients you want to show the clients photos but keep them from public view you can create a folder inside your public_html folder and then password protect it. This way you then just create page names for each couple and put those pages inside the folder and then only those with usernames and passwords can access.

So for a couple named Claire and Del...

the link would become

http://www.jamesandbarbaraphotograph...oofs_0001.html

I just published the page 'online_proofs_0001' to the 'claireanddel' folder which is password protected for them and their families only.

Go to my client's site and scroll down the home page and click on 'online photos' then choose any couple, you will see you can't access.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• sophie lindsay
      Private First Class

• Apr 2008

Thank you so much! Much appreciated.

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

You're welcome
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X