• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kkeskar92
    Private

• Apr 2008

Add-on domain question

Hello,
    I have an add-on domain name www.tools4traders.info and main domain name www.luckygems.in
    When I try to create add-on domain name for tools4traders.info, it creates a subdomain called tools4traders.luckygems.in along with the add-on name.
    So, when I type my main domain name in the browser, I see the public_html directory with both folders listed in it.
    Can u suggest me the way by which I can avoid creating an unwanted subdomain when I am creating an add-on domain?
    Thanks.-----Kaustubh
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Add-on domain question

An addon domain will create a directory in the public_html. Its not given its own public_html.

I can't say as to whether it should work as a subdomain or not as I have never tested that, but it certainly will work if you were to type in "luckygems.in/name_of_addon_domain_directory"

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: Add-on domain question

Hi,

What you are experiencing is normal as your password/public_html has been set by VH as www.luckygems.in for operation of your cPanel.

When you add an "Addon Domain" the addon will appear as a "Folder" in public_html directory.

Select Addon Domain in cPanel and "Redirect your domain to Url"

Then publish your "index02" page for "tools4traders.info" to

"public_html/tools4traders.info/"

When you enter "www.tools4traders.info/"
      in your browser, your browser should display your "index02" webpage.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
      X