Add on Domain Real question..... Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add on Domain Real question..... Help

I made add on domain in CP and all those. Proble is with Saving the page in BV as index.bvp.

Because I alread have one in that index.bvp for my main page. Now itried to save it in to another folder eg. in Document, It went through, I saved that page as index.bvp. Problem, When I open it it comes with a message " make sure the path is right. and all. So Some body please put step by step way of doing in here. Assume that I already have one index.bvp, This one is for add on domain. Also I tried to save it in different folder, But to retrieve I have prblem Need Immeadiate Help....

Re: Add on Domain Real question..... Help

OK I have 2 sites

My 1st Site (Main Site) is www.abc.co.uk in BV I publish to public_html/ (BV default)

My 2nd Site (Addon) is www.xyz.co.uk in BV I publish to public_html/xyz.co.uk (this bit in read you have to manually add on)

A New folder will automatically be created to contain the new website, so you can save your pages in the same way you did your first site. Just remember which website you are publishing and change that red bit accordingly.

Hope this helps

Darren

Comment

PS

Make sure within the BV program you have seperate a seperate folder to contain all the pages of new site.

Darren

Comment

Please walk me throgh it from the begigning

I alredy have index.bvp in my BV folder in my computer. (Start from here). That is my first web page saved in the computer... Now I made this seccond web site page eg. www.samp.info. Now I need to save inthe compuetr first. Remeber I already have an index.bvp file. Then how I save this in the computer? Before publishing.

Comment

When you open BV. You'll probably see all your page files for your 1st site (unless you have put them all in a folder for tidyness). For your scond site create a new folder (click on the the folder looking thing with the red astorisk). All your new pages for your second site. YOU SAVE TO THIS FOLDER.

When publishing I'll remind you of my earlier posting

OK I have 2 sites

My 1st Site (Main Site) is www.abc.co.uk in BV I publish to public_html/ (BV default)

My 2nd Site (Addon) is www.xyz.co.uk in BV I publish to public_html/xyz.co.uk (this bit in read you have to manually add on)

A New folder will automatically be created in your FTP manager to contain the new website, so you can save your pages in the same way you did your first site. Just remember which website you are publishing and change that red bit accordingly.

Hope this helps

Darren

Comment

Working...
          X