• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diane Milinowski
    Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

add-on domains

When I add an add-on domain such as www.babystuff.com to my existing domain name www.dianemilinowski.com the cpanel keeps calling it www.babystuff.dianemilinowski.com. I don't want my name attached to his website. Am I doing this right?

Diane

I want his website to be www.babystuff.com.
    Diane Milinowski
  • DCOFFICESERVICES
    Special Status

• Oct 2007

Re: add-on domains

Hi Diane

I am guessing you have created an add-on domain in your c-panel without any obvious problems.

In BV create a new folder, with all the pages of your new site. This is best so they are not jumbled with the pages of your first site.

All the same rules apply, ie the home page to be saved as 'index' and so on.

The important thisng to remember is when you publish your new site pages.

Publish to

public_html/babystuff.com

This is so important because if you forget to do this you run the risk of over riding the pages in your first site.

Hope this helps

Darren

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Diane Milinowski View Post
      When I add an add-on domain such as www.babystuff.com to my existing domain name www.dianemilinowski.com the cpanel keeps calling it www.babystuff.dianemilinowski.com. I don't want my name attached to his website. Am I doing this right?

Diane

I want his website to be www.babystuff.com.

Hi Diane .. Darren is right .. but you need to do another thing too ..

First of all, Good Luck not having your name attached to his website, lol, I assume this is for your baby .. and you are his mom ... LOL .. How is he?
      Growing??

Okay, it's okay that your control panel is referring to it in this regard, it is just using that as it's filing system .. your domain will stand on it's own ..

But you also need to point the servers for this domain to your voda hosting servers. So you will need to do this at your domain registrar. Your two voda servers are in that email with your log in information, they look like ns.??vodahost.com - so you will need to find those and apply those to your domain .. then add on your domain and publish and organize as Darren says.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Diane Milinowski
        Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

you guys, thanks so much. I think that will probably get me started. Another thing, I had put in a support ticket and they responded back to me and (but, I lost the stupid email) they said for me to upload my home page as index...then after that to rename my page as www.heathsstuff.com , republish it and then make all my changes on this www.heathsstuff.com page. Does this sound anywhere right? (because I don't understand what they mean by rename it--where?)

Thank you
        Diane
        Diane Milinowski

Comment

• Diane Milinowski
          Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

Hey yall. How's everyone? Heath is just fine (sorry I failed to answer last time). Yeah, he's growing so fast.

My question is: I need to register this stupid domain name www.heathsstuff.com. Do I need to put in a support ticket and ask BV to do this for me? Otherwise, I've done everything everyone said and my website still does not exist on the domain.

Thanks
          Diane
          Diane Milinowski

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Diane,

You can go directly to VodaDomains and do a search and if it is available
            you can register and pay for it.

Here is the link
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Diane Milinowski
              Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

I thought after the 1st domain name, all the following domains were free. Is this not right?

Thanks
              Diane
              Diane Milinowski

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Diane Milinowski View Post
                I thought after the 1st domain name, all the following domains were free. Is this not right?

Thanks
                Diane
                Hi, the extra website facility is free using your server, the domains you have to pay for. Otherwise we would all be selling them on to others.?? (Well at least i would) lol.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X