• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diane Milinowski
    Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

changing my domain name

Am I right to assume that changing my domain name is not the same thing as a domain name transfer?

I want to change my domain name from what it is to something else. This is going to cost me $9.95, is this right?

Diane
    Diane Milinowski
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: changing my domain name

Originally posted by Diane Milinowski View Post
    Am I right to assume that changing my domain name is not the same thing as a domain name transfer?

I want to change my domain name from what it is to something else. This is going to cost me $9.95, is this right?

Diane
    Correct, you are right!!

1) You cannot change your domain name. All you can do is let it expire and disown it .. it is your's until you do so ..

2) A domain transfer means - you transfer your domain name that you purchased at one domain registrar and your transfer it to the control of another domain registrar ...

example - if you bought a domain at xxxxxxxx and then wanted to transfer this to voda host, you would put in a domain transfer request, the charge is $8.00 or something, but it also renews your domain for another year, so it's a bargain really .. then this means that every year voda host would be your domain registrar and you would pay them for your domain name renewal ... different than your hosting account, where you also buy annually and publish all of the websites you create ..

- you can also point your domain to voda host servers without transferring as I've mentioned in one of your other posts ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X