question on add on domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on add on domain

Is this normal to happen, I just started uploading my add on domain files and noticed that it also came up as a sub domain so now the files are in my file manager as a add on and files are also in a subdomain file manager. Thanks joe
    anytime-figurines.com
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Re: question on add on domain

It must be normal. I've added two addon domains and each time the addon domain process also created a subdomain. For a few hours after adding the addon domain; the only way to pull it up on the web was to address it as a subdomain. But later it started working as a stand alone domain.
    It does however retain it as a subdomain in the CP.

Comment

zuriatman,
      I agree with every one of your statements, except [Your sub-domain directory should be empty]
      I did use the CP (addon domains) process, to create the addon domain, but it automatically created a subdomain, without any action on my part! The automatically created subdomain is still residing in the subdomain directory and yet, my addon domain does work as a stand alone domain!
      Every step you outlined in your response was done and this was the result.

Comment

Thanks for the info. right now I' am just uploading the files this site thats the add on is already on the web with another host which I am rebuilding in blue voda I will then when its done I will either tranfer or point to the name servers. thanks

Joe
        anytime-figurines.com
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
          zuriatman,
          Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
          I agree with every one of your statements, except [Your sub-domain directory should be empty]
          I did use the CP (addon domains) process, to create the addon domain, but it automatically created a subdomain, without any action on my part! The automatically created subdomain is still residing in the subdomain directory and yet, my addon domain does work as a stand alone domain!
          Every step you outlined in your response was done and this was the result.

Sorry Dave,

My mistake. I have 3 addon domains and they are displayed as such:

Sub Domain Maintenance
          Current Sub-Domains apajuga.bumiweb.com (public_html/apajuga)
          bumimall.bumiweb.com (public_html/bumimall)
          siapamoyanganda.bumiweb.com (public_html/siapamoyanganda)
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
          X