• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Littletyler
    Master Sergeant

• Aug 2007

Do I need to transfer domain name?

I purchased a domain name through go *****. I would like to use this domain name with my vodahost account. Do I have to transfer the domain name to vodahost or is there a way to use it without transfering? I bought it about one month ago.

Thanks,
    Rhonda
  • Tom Finley
    Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Re: Do I need to transfer domain name?

My domain name is also there, I simply pointed it to VH. You do not need to transfer them.

Watch this tutorial.

http://vodahost.com/demowolf/dns/dns_*******.html

The above link will be automatically edited out with stars (*****), but just replace them with to name of your domain provider. That will take you to the proper tutorial.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• Mollye
      Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Hello,
      Could you please clarify this for me? My husband already paid for a year with another server, go dxxxy, can I publish my bv pages there? Or am I required to purchase my domain (yet again) and hosting through vh?

Thanks!

Comment

• jkadin
        Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

blue voda will only work with voda hosting. You can have a hosting here and voda transfer your domain for free when you order.
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• Mollye
          Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Thank you. Please excuse my ignorance, but if I transfer my domain to vh, I will still have to pay a monthly hosting fee to vh. Then I lose a whole year paid at the other host, right?

Comment

• Karen Mac
            General

• Apr 2006

Ok.. Your Domain name is hosted on a Virtual Server and you pay for it usually by the year. You cannot publish pages there.. thats just the server that dishes up your ip..kinda like the tuner on a television set or changing the frequency for a radio station. You cant publish your website there.. thats just the NAME SERVER..

Your HOSTING is where you publish your web pages too. Then you tell your name server this is where my page/site lives...so you give the Name Server the numbers it needs to deliver your website.

You dont have to transfer your domain NAME here, just tell it to point here once you purchase hosting. you login in to manage your domains names.

They are two different things and often confused until you learn the difference.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Charles320
              Private

• Jul 2008

I believe I understand the original question by "Mollye". If I understand correctly, Mollye paid for her domain name for a year, but also is using ******* for her hosting service, which is ALSO a year. She wants to know, and I do too. The question would be is she going to lose the money she paid to ******* for her hosting service. I know they are different, but obviously, you are not aware that they also HOST as BlueVoda does.

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                Major General

• Oct 2005

You have to have an account for hosting at VodaHost to use the BlueVoda web builder.
                Yes, you will be paying at 2 hosting companies should you want to use the BV web builder.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Working...
                X