• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krielke
    Private First Class

• Nov 2007

.nl domain

Hi,
    I was asked to design a website for a relative. He owns a domain ***.nl. If it's possible, how to transfer this .nl-domain to VH? I already have my .com-account here.
    Thanks!
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: .nl domain

Hi, if its not possible to transfer your domain, you can just point the domain to your VH server. This would be done via your domain admin panel or contacting the domain provider the details of your VH server. Should only take a few sec's to do. But allow a few hours to propagate.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Krielke
      Private First Class

• Nov 2007

Thanks, but what do you mean by 'just point the domain to your VH server'. My English isn't that good...
      To say it simple: I want to use BlueVoda for making the website and then publish it via an external host. Is that possible? I already have a '.com-domain' at VodaHost, but that has nothing to do with the site I want to publish now.
      I read that VH only provides .com / .net / .org / .info / .us / .biz / .co.uk / .org.uk /.ca / .in - domains, so no .nl domain.

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, you can point a domain from any where in the world at your VH server & also have as many sites as you wish on your server. (Assuming they are all yours) But you cant use BV on another server as it wont work.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Krielke
          Private First Class

• Nov 2007

Thanks again!
          The nameservers are updated to VodaHost, only problem at this moment is that it is matched to my .com-domain. My intention is to have the .nl-domain totally independant, not related to my other domain. I mailed to VH-support, hopely they can fix this...

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Hi, you have to create an add on domain in your cpanel. This will give you a new folder to publish to for you new site. This page & tutorial number 4.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X