• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CarbonTerry
    Major General

• Oct 2005

Re: add on domains

Your OvarianCysts.html page is visible. Are you sure that you published your " index " page to the addon domain name folder?
    BTW, when creating a sitemap the software will not be able to see any page that uses upper case letters
    On your "green" website there is an unused text box that appears just before your index page loads.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

• cro5by
      Private

• Jul 2008

Hi CarbonTerry

Thanks for the reply but thats not my site.

My add on domain name is mailroomadvisor.com

Whenever I type this in it comes up with my original site topbettingoffers.com.

I don't want to submit a ticket if its just something I've missed but I really can't see what it is.

Thanks for your help in advance....

Comment

• CarbonTerry
        Major General

• Oct 2005

It appears as if you have published your "betting Offers" index page to your addon domain folder.
        Easy to do.......been there...done that...got a t-shirt for it.
        Republish your "mailroom" index page to the addon folder
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

• cro5by
          Private

• Jul 2008

Hi CarbonTerry

Thanks for your response

I've just re-published the bettingoffers index page and re-bublished the mailroom index page to public_html/mailroomadvisor and still getting the same outcome.....

Sorry to be a pest about this!

Any other idea's?

Thanks

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Go in your Control Panel and manually delete pages from directories where they should not be.....
            Be sure each directory has ONE index page (the right one), and that your interior linking is properly configured (remember to include the sub-domain string).

It will be easier in the future if you publish pages to a single site per session, being careful to enter the proper info in the Publish Dialog box.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• asuservicio
              Private First Class

• Aug 2007

Thank you very much - you solved all my problems after having read this!

However, you did not mention how long I have to type in www.grus.asuservicio.nu before my second site stands on its own as www.grus.in?

After reading a lot of posts here I realise I might have done a foolish thing because I signed up for another complete package and chose a free domain. In stead I could have just bought the new domain to add as an add-on domain?

Thanks from a newbie,
              Goran

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
              mahls

I just did an addon domain a few days ago and yes for us newbies it is a little bit confusing! So maybe I can fill in a little between the lines of the tutorials!

First, you will purchase the domain name, (thru VodaHost I assume).

Then, they will send you an email with instructions....but if this is your first time thru, it might be confusing!

You have to login to VodaHost Billing Service,(VBS). The email has their link and it's the same login as you normally use for VBS.
              Don't try to do anything with the addon domain until you get that email so the domain will be in the system...could be just a few hours or less.

When you get to VBS, you need to click the "My Sites" menu. Click on the "My Domains".

Next page will all the domains you have. Click on the new one. On this next page you will see,(on the left), a link named "Change DNS". Click that.

Next page shows a table and at the top of the table are two radio buttons; select "Use the following Name-servers".

Now, erase any entries that are there and type in your two original name servers. You can see those where you go to login to your Cpanel. They have to be exactly as listed in your original domain name email or where you select them to go into your Cpanel.

When you have done that; click "submit changes"

Now, the tutorial covers adding addon domains, into the cpanel very well,
              so go do that now.

Now you are ready to "publish" your index page to the server. A folder has automatically been made for you that is the same as your addon domain name,(without the .com or whatever the dot is). The first page to be "published" you will probably have to add the new folder name to the "where to publish" line, (ie., public_html/yournewdomain(no .com here!)

That's it....except that, for a short time; the only way to see it online is by addressing it as a subdomain, (ie., www.addondomainname.originaldomainname.com!! Don't be concerned about this! A subdomain name is automatically created when you create a new addon domain. (I have no idea why, but it is normal) Soon your new addon domain name will stand alone as you want it to!

Hope I didn't leave too many holes in the proceedure and that it helps you!

Comment

• JMKluss
                Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2008

does this mean that you dont have to buy more domain names?????

What happens if your domain name which you have not paid for is the same as someone elses domain name????

Is it just that the dubdomain name doesnt show making it look like a domain name all by itself but it isnt??

Thanks for your help

Comment

• jkadin
                  Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

In order to have a add on domain in your cpanel first you must reguster a domain which means purchase or have a add on domain that you own and nobody else owns it. You can have subdomains which do not cost. Also its rude to jump in someone elses thread you can read up on them to find the answer you need but start a new one if you have a question.
                  sigpicJoe
                  Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                  The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
                  X