Add On Domain question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add On Domain question

I just added a domain and working to setup drupal to it. What is the name server confirguration for the add-on domain if I want to point my domain registrar configuration to this add-on domain since I have domain with some other hosting guy.
    Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
    www.vijaianand.com
    www.igurus.net
    www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Re: Add On Domain question

Originally posted by tmvijai View Post
    I just added a domain and working to setup drupal to it. What is the name server confirguration for the add-on domain if I want to point my domain registrar configuration to this add-on domain since I have domain with some other hosting guy.

Hi - you will use the same two name servers for your add on domain as you have for your main domain .. These two name servers will serve all domains in your voda hosting account .. you will find this information in your log in information ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

But how do you point that to go to my subdomain so it won't show my default website. How do I point to my other website?! i thought if I point the name server, it will point to my main website not the sub website.. How do I make the change over?!

Please shed some light..

www.vijaianand.com
      www.igurus.net

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

Lady Eye is right, you point to to the same servers as in your original site. For it to find your addon site, you go to your cpanel and go to add your new domain in 'add on domains'

Regards
        Darren

Comment

It's going to depend if its an add on domain or a sub-domain, you mention both ..

- If you purchased this domain name it will be considered an Add On Domain,

- If it is one you created in your control panel yourself within one of your domains, it is considered a sub-domain, these are free and you can create as many as you like.

- An add on domain will require for the domain servers to be set to your vh servers and you will need to add on this domain in your control panel .. you will then publish to public_html/addondomain

- The servers are already set for a sub-domain as it is dependent on your main domain or add on domain

- On your own computer it is best to create individual file folders for any domains you have, this helps keep them organized and prevents overwriting of any file names the same - e.g., index, contact, ....

- If it is a subdomain it will be found via www.subdomain.domain.com and you will publish to public_html/subdomain

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye,

Thanks a lot for your detail explanation. I figured it out. Yes, since I registered it seperately it somehow gets directed to the root of the add-on domain and shows from that root directory not from the actual root..

Check out my new site http://www.firsttimecruising.com

Thanks for the help

www.vijaianand.com
            www.igurus.net

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

Working...
            X