Need Help Purchasing New Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Purchasing New Domain

I have a couple questions, first though my domain name is smart001.com.

I am trying to buy a new domain, I would like this domain to point to the same account as the smart001 account so that I can host two different sites off one account. Looking through a few different forums on vodahost, it seems this is possible. So to simplify, I would like two websites (smart001.com and cigarinformer.com) to point to the same hosted account, is this possible? Is it even advised?

Second, I was looking to purchase www.cigarinformer.com. Vodahost says it is registered, but when I click on the whois link that pops up the webpage says it is available. Additionally, there is no website at www.cigarinformer.com, not even a parked page. I went to www.who.is and did a search and got this response:

Domain Name: cigarinformer.com

Status: clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

Registrar: *******.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.*******.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.*******.com

Expiration Date: 2009-04-29
    Creation Date: 2003-04-29
    Last Update Date: 2008-03-21

Name Servers:
    ns3579.no-longer-valid.com
    Domain Name: cigarinformer.com
    So my second question is, how do I purchase this additional domain if it seems like someone else owns it, but there is no contact information to directly talk to the webmaster?

I think that is it for now. I have been hosting with vodahost for a couple years now and am very pleased that I switched from *******. I have had nothing but prompt and useful help from the Vodahost people. Thanks!

Re: Need Help Purchasing New Domain

If your name is Vaagn Arakelyan then YOU own this domain.

If it isn't then you don't and there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately, bar think of another domain name.

With regards to your hosting account, as long as you are the owner of the websites, you may have as many as you want on one account. Just add them as addon domains.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
    X