• Show
Clear All

• Domain Name transfer

Hi Folks,

I have a friend who has a website www.gngu.co.za

Thier are several things they would like to do:
    1. Keep thier domain name
    2. Have Vodahost as their webhost.
    What is the process one must now follow to achieve this?
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Re: Domain Name transfer

Hi, VH seemed to only support
    .com / .net / .org / .info / .us / .biz / .co.uk / .org.uk /.ca Domains.
    But no problem! Get a new VH account & you will receive the welcome email with the details for server/password/login.
    You will then be able to go to the existing domain providers control panel & point the domain at the new VH server with the details that was in the welcome email.
    It may take a few hours or so to propagate.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

Ok they have purchased the site.

What is the process they have to follow in order to point the domain to the VH server?
      Kind Regards
      Rob
      www.gnjgf.co.za
      www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi Rob,

That site is registerred here. Click to open the Registrar's site.
        Under the Domain Registration heading, is Update Form Generator. Use that to update the account. Just follow their instructions. They will then ask for approval by the person/organisation in section 2 of the form.
        When editing the form, make sure your friend becomes the owner of the domain.
        The main info required for the update and pointing to VH is in sections 6a, 6b, 6e and 6f. This info can be obtained from your friend's welcoming email from VH when he signs up with VH.

If you have trouble doing all this you can contact the Registrar by phone. Else you can contact me and I will do it for you at a small cost.

Just remember that when he points away from his current host, his site might go off-line. So first make sure his site published and ready at VH and then do the DNS update.

Not so sure if they will do this, but if you can get hold of those original files from the current host, you might be lucky to upload that to the VH server. The other preferred option is to re-design the site first using BlueVoda.

Good luck.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

If you are having problems with domain extensions and "pointing" simply use a re-direct to VH ... leave it where it is and avoid the "registration" snafu.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Rob. The domain name stays with UniForum (The registrar where the domain is currently registerred). By completing sections 6a, 6b, 6e and 6f, you are pointing to or re-directing to VH. It is actually a very basic DNS update procedure. Download the Update Form Generator, complete it and email back to the registrar (email given on the form). JUST make sure your email Format is setup as plain text and do not use MS Word or any other program as your email editor. It is an automated process (computers attending to your email and doing the updates). If there is a problem, they will highlight the mistake. Simply correct and email again, untill it is successful.

I have done a couple of these DNS updates with UniForum for myself, my clients and friends.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

It seems as if you and I both burn the midnight oil doing these things for other folk.

I am doing this site for the Gauteng North Golf Union and hopefully tomorrow we can have verything up and running.

thanks for your help it is appreciated
              Kind Regards
              Rob
              www.gnjgf.co.za
              www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi TOm,

MAybe you can help get my form pages to work like they should?

Would you mind checking www.gnjgf.co.za/entryform.php for me and see why it doesnt send the way it should.

I see on your site you have an entry form that works -which is simple enough for my purposes.
                Kind Regards
                Rob
                www.gnjgf.co.za
                www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi Rob,
                  I see you are still using the action page method. BV10 now has a Form Wizard, making life very easy setting up your form. Click here for a tutorial by Navaldesign. You no longer need the action page. Instead you can have a simple Thank You page. See the link, its all there.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

I have received notification from Uniforum that the changes have been made and having veiwed them I see that side of things has been succesful.

What is the procedure form here? Specifically what do I have to change on Blue Voda that when I publish the changes become immediate?

What changes do I have to make in order to send and receive emails from the forms I generate?

Can I use my mweb email adress in any of the forms?

Sorry for all the questions but I am sure that as a co.za you will know what I mean.
                    Kind Regards
                    Rob
                    www.gnjgf.co.za
                    www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi Rob,

I just had a look at Uniforum and you have not enterred any details for 6b and 6f on the Uniforum form. You will also find this info on your VH welcoming email. In that email, find the section "
                      Domain Name - Name server Information (DNS) & Transfer Instructions:

There you will find two rows:
                      ns1.voda19.com (where 19 is your primary server at VH)
                      ns2.voda20.com (where 20 is your secondary server at VH)

Next to each of these you will see your IP for each server. Those are the two values that you must use for Unforum's 6b and 6f values. Re-submit the Update Form Generator with these two values added.

Regarding your email and form. Have you read the thread I gave in the link of my last post? I just need to make sure....
                      Yes you can use your mweb email in the form.

If you experience any more problems with that form after this, then start a new thread in the Forms room. There you will receive far more and speedy replies to solve the problem.

Good luck.
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

Hi Rob, I have edited my first line in the above post. Please take note.
                        Bless you
                        Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

So if I understand you correctly.

We are looking the the IP address for the two servers ? that was supplied in the original VH email.

I n my case the IP address is the same.

If we are talking the same language then I only have to add those IP address's and wait for an additional update from uniforum.
                          Kind Regards
                          Rob
                          www.gnjgf.co.za
                          www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi Tom,

Sorry 19 and 20 servers differ by one -not the same
                            Kind Regards
                            Rob
                            www.gnjgf.co.za
                            www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi Rob,
                              Those two IP addresses cannot be the same. If it is, submit a ticket to VH and enquire about that. But I'm sure you must have given them to you. Just check your welcoming/ login information email again.

Yes, you are correct. You need to submit a new update and wait. Normally it does not take that long. Sometimes only about 1 to 2 hours.
                              Bless you
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X