adding third site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding third site

i have just purchesde my third site and want to add it to my b/v account.
    do i do iit in cpanel and just add it like i did my second site
    and would it be mypublic/ third site.

Re: adding third site

Yep! public_html/thirdsite/
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I am running into a similar problem. I have just pruchased a domain, i went through and did all the stuff that adds the domain to my account, however, when I try to view the site, it keeps pulling up what looks like a parked site, it is just a page that has links and a search bar. The site is www.thesmokingchair.com. I tried to install WordPress via the cpanel, but I cannot get the parked page to go away, subsequently, I cannot view the WordPress page at all. Please help! Did I do something wrong during the process of adding the domain name?

Comment

It seems that when you first add on a domain; it takes hours maybe even a day, (since it is weekend), before it is viewable. However, you can usually see it as a subdomain right away. www.addondomain.yourfirstdomain.com

Comment

thanks, I forgot to add a couple of details.

First, it does work going to the www.addondomain.yourfirstdomain.com.

Second, I first set this up approximately 2 weeks ago. I remember that I had to wait with the first domain for approximately 72 hours.

Thanks for the information, sorry I forgot to tell you that I had already tried waiting.

Comment

If it's been that long; you better submit a customer service ticket. I don't have enough experience in that area to help you, Sorry!

Comment

Hi,

Your information is not clear. If your information on the problem you are facing is not precise, it becomes very difficult for the forum community to read your mind.

www.addondomain.yourfirstdomain.com. is the url for a "Sub-domain" and not an "AddOn Domain".

You can cookup up anyname you want and install any amount of sub-domain you like in your hosting account.

"An AddOn Domain" you have to purchase and register with a Registrar like "Whois" for which you have to pay an annual fee to use. You url will look like this: http://www.addondomain.com

Once you purchase the "newdomainname" you can add it to your hosting account as a "Addon Domain" by going to your cPanel>Addon Domain and configure you new website.

As an example you can look below at my websites:

1. www.bumiweb.com is my Main Domain
              2. www.siapamoyanganda.com is my addon domain.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
              X