• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spunkzilla
    Private

• Jul 2008

Multiple domain names in one web hosting account

Hi there,

I have some questions that I need help with.

This is the first time I have used a web hosting account.

I have registered a domain name - annbrittonphotography.com - for someone as a primary domain name on my account. I want to add another domain name and as it will be for myself, therefore I want to change the new domain name as the primary version. This is for logging in username and password with my own domain name. How can I go about this? I know this will cost me extra as it is an add-on domain.

I have developed a website for that same person and I built it with a web publishing program and ready to upload, rather than doing it through Blue Voda website builder. Can I upload the site through FTP Accounts in CPanel? Or do I have to download one of the various FTP softwares that VodaHost offers as a standalone program? I do have FTP software called WinSCP installed on my PC, does VodaHost accept that program so I can upload the files to its server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Multiple domain names in one web hosting account

Hi .. Welcome to Vodaland.

You will require another voda hosting account. In fact, your friends domain should not be in your voda hosting account now. You risk losing your account because of this. The domains in your hosting account must be your own. I would purchase my own hosting account with my own domain name. I would then send support a ticket and ask for your first account to be transferred over into your friends name to go along with her domain. You and her can work our the $'s. And yes, you can use either ftp account to upload those non-bluevoda files ..You will get it all sorted this way..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X