DNS transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS transfer

I am trying to transfer my website to Blue Voda and I am confused by the instructions:
    please update your dns pointers to point to:

ns1.voda27.com
    ns2.voda27.com
    I have followed all the instructions in the tutorial for transferring...is this all I have to do or is there a step I missing?
    In other words are the above instructions another way of saying what is in that tutorial which states:
    [Step 1]
    Click Here to do a whois search on your domain name, Make sure that you are listed as the administrative contact and the e-mail address for the administrative contact live and valid and is 100% Fully Accessible by you.

All initiated transfers will require a confirmation e-mail which is sent to the administrator of the domain name, which must be approved. If you are not listed as the administrative contact, you must contact the company or person that controls the domain name and tell them to list you as the administrative contact pronto. If this is not possible, please inform us.

[Step 2] Your domain must be "unlocked" for transfer. If you are not familiar with "unlocking" and "locking" of your domain, Please call (do not email) the company or person that controls your domain and tell them to unlock it immediately because you will be transferring it.

Failure to unlock your domain will result in a transfer failure.

The Transfer Request....................

[Step 3] Once the above 3 EASY steps are complete Please Click Here to submit a transfer request to our domains department.

Subject Line: free transfer request or paid transfer request (select one)

[1] Your full name
    [2] The domain name you desire to transfer
    [3] You will also might need to get the Authorization Key to transfer your domain from your current registrar. Authorization Keys are
    required for .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, and .us domains.

If all goes well, the transfer should take no more than 72 hours from the moment you submitted the above request.

Re: DNS transfer

Hi Roxanne .. if you are doing a transfer follow those instructions, make sure you find your email to confirm, (check your junk folder) and you must reply to those instructions.

Then you can point your domain to your voda servers as voda host will do this when they transfer your domain .. (or if not, when your domain is transferred you can do this yourself, in vbs billing)

What you might be questioning about relates to simply pointing your domain to voda host servers and leaving your domain at your current registrar .. these are two very different things ..

a transfer - means voda host will become your new domain registrar ..

pointing - means your domain is at another registrar and you are only pointing to voda host to serve your domain ...

You can do either or in most cases, other than domains with certain extensions that voda host does not register .. (you can see that in the list) ...

Hope this helps ..

(p.s. blue voda is the website builder and voda host is the hosting company)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X