• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Man+OJ
    Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Main Domain Modification

Hi,

Say my Main Domain is mydomain.com at Vodahost. Currently it is displaying all addon domains as a list when i go to mydomain.com.

How can I set it not to display the list of addons.

Thanks.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Main Domain Modification

Publish an index page. Or, go in CP , Advanced, Index Manager, and set your public_html to NOT be indexed.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Man+OJ
      Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Thank you so much for your help navaldesign.

Comment

• Man+OJ
        Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Hi again,

I know that theoretically it should work when I do what navaldesign suggested. However when I dropped an index.html in root folder it didn't work. What I did was I tried creating an add-on domain with my main domain name. Once I clicked next, it said there is an error " cannot create add-on domain with main domain".

Then what I did was, I clicked on root/www folder and saw "mydomain.com" in it. I uploaded index.html there and redirected "mydomain.com" to root/www/mydomain.com. Now my first problem is solved but my worry is, is there a problem with my main domain setup?

Thanks again.

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Why did you do all of the above ??

Simply create a "index" page in BV, without any content or a "Site under construction" or whatever else you like, and publish it in your public_html folder!

That's all!

At this point i can't know what problem you might have caused with the redirections you have setup!
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Man+OJ
            Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Thanks for your advice and I think I'd better upload an index file to Public_html.

Comment

Working...
            X