Subdomain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subdomain

I have added a subdomain to my account. When try to view it on the web I get a page that says Index of/
    www.adsense.ccmorgan.com
    Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Re: Subdomain

Originally posted by mfbisson View Post
    I have added a subdomain to my account. When try to view it on the web I get a page that says Index of/
    www.adsense.ccmorgan.com
    add /adsense to the end and you will see your site, however, did you want this as a subdomain or as an addon domain??? i.e. are they supposed to be two completely seperate sites?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: Subdomain

Originally posted by mfbisson View Post
      www.adsense.ccmorgan.com
      A sub-domain is similar to an add-on domain in that they both allow you to create a separate website from the Primary website in your hosting account, each with a separate public_html/ directory and file structure to publish pages to.

They are different in that an add-on requires a separate domain to be associated with, so it becomes a 100% separate entity from your previous, Primary domain .... and a sub-domain does not require a new and separate domain name to be provided to have a separate site --- it is an "extension" of the Primary domain in your account.

>> The reason you are seeing the URL address in your browser as you mention is because you created a sub-domain "addsense" within your Primary domain "ccmorgan" ..... and the reason you see the blank Directory "Index of/ addsense.ccmorgan.com" page is because you have not properly published a page to that new sub-domain to display!
      You are seeing the root directory itself, which does not list any pages....

Test/Correct this:
      1. In BV, create a "placeholder page" with just "Coming Soon!" on it. (Be creative, using a background color, etc.)
      2. Save the page as index in a newly created folder "addsense" (Every site must have the first page be named "index" and be published to the proper directory -- and only ONE index page per directory!)
      3. PUBLISH the page, being careful to enter the following in the Publish Dialog Box: public_html/adsense.ccmorgan.com

NOW when you click on the URL you should see your temporary page. Follow established Blue Voda procedures to create additional pages for this new sub-domain as desired.
      * If you do not see this page which has been properly published, you did not create the sub-domain properly.
      Go into your Control Panel, delete whatever you did, and using the Sub-Domain icon, go back and create the sub-domain properly. Republish your "index" page again (to the properly named sub), and you should see everyting as described.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X