Please Assist - Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Assist - Newbie here

Hi All - Hope you are having a good day....

I am in charge of building our church a new website. I have done so through Blue Voda - we also signed up to use Voda hosting. Our exisitng site (old one) is hosted through ******. I went through what I knew to do to transfer our domain name (which I was told was purchased through ******). After viewing our domain on who.is.domain tools. it appears that our church administrator has the 'rights' to the domain, just as being the registrant contact, email, etc and also the admin contact and the tech contact. ****** is only listed as the server. So, i figured the transfer would go smooth...

However, when I put my transfer ticket request in to VodaHost, I was told I need to do 4 things:
    1 - Remove privacy protect and update with current contact (it is current)
    2 - Unlock domain name
    3- update DNS pointers for harvestbarnchurch.org
    4 - Ask for EPP/AUTH key for transfer.

I am not sure how to do this or where to go from here. PLEASE any help would be so greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Shelly Parker

Re: Please Assist - Newbie here

Additional Information:

We (our administator) is listed as the Registrant but the Sponsoring Registrar is listed as Tocows Inc - does that make a difference?

Comment

Contact your old host and inform them ou are going to transfer your domain. They will send you an email with the log in info to the present host (old one) There you go into the control panel and perform the steps they outlined. And after you get the email contact VodaHost with the EPP/AUTH key for transfer code. Then they can transfer your domain, not really as complicated as it sounds.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

If you have any questions or need more help...Please do not hesitate to contact our customer support help desk....Click below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X