Worried About Transferring Website to Blue Voda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried About Transferring Website to Blue Voda

I am managing my boss's company website. I am fairly familiar with BV as I have already done two other sites. One of them is www.boardercrossroads.com which is my employer's account for her kid. We want to move our existing www.northbranchlandscape.com to Voda Host. We don't need to keep the design because I have already redesigned it in BV. Our concerns are these: Loosing email for even a short period of time (pam@northbranchlandscape.com); Loosing search engine ranking??? ; and being sure that we are able to use north branch as the primary site and boardercrossroads as a secondary.

Re: Worried About Transferring Website to Blue Voda

You will still ahve your e-mail intill you point everything to vodahost sure but please allow 24-48 hours before doing so and you'll be fine. and as far a search engine rankings you should be fine with that as well.
    Sincerly Leescatnet

Comment

Are you saying that I have to move the website and email separately?

Comment

no When after you order vodahost hosting with the switch of the domain allow 24-48 hours then point your old provider to vodahost and your e-mail and website are both on vodahost right away. Just put in a support ticket for more info on pointing your website and e-mail to vodahost.
        Sincerly Leescatnet

Comment

dont know about the rest but if ur concerned about the email !

im having problems with the mail on this server i can send but not recieve and i havent figured it out yet !

but i have a different registrar and i have activated the catch all for my email there soit all goes to my private account !!even if it doesent go to this server !

hope that helps u somehow !

greetz UK

www.e-promenade.de www.loewendomizil.com
          Greetz UK

www.e-promenade.de www.loewendomizil.com

Comment

Your email will always be directed to your domain wherever it is.

Step one: Buy a hosting account with VH and point your existing Domain to
            your Vh Servers.

Step two: Publish all your redesigned webpages to created folders in public_html/ with the exception of your index page.

Step three: Finally to activate your website publish your index page.

Make sure also the same Tags and page names are also transferred to your new webpages.

If you follow the three steps above I do not think you will lose anything.

You can later opt to transfer you Domain name to a Registrar with VH.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

This has been very helpful. If I point my existing site to my VH account, will the site remain as is until I upload BV pages? And once I point it to my VH, where do I manage my email accounts? My problem is that we are moving because we are very dissatisfied with our former web guy. So I cannot really get any info from him. I do know that our web mail is currently using Horde.

Comment

As soon as your account is set up.. you will need to go to cpanel and email accounts and set up your email as well. Point your domain by logging in to your domain registrar to the new voda servers that you will recieve in your welcome email. With in 24 hours and usually less.. all your email will be sent to the new account and you may begin publishing your site.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

1. I already have an account with the boardercrossroads.com site, do i point my site to that server?

2. What happens to emails coming in during the 24 hour transfer period?

Comment

Some of them will go thru.. I suggest changing the email on your old site to a free account you can make at google, gmail, then you wont lose any.

Your hosting may be different than the registrar. I cant say.. but you should be able to have them point it.. if its with hosting and they control it, to the voda servers. If its less than 60 days old you wont be able to move it to a new registrar.

You SHOULD have a seperate login where you can control your own domain and point it anywhere you like. In the future always make sure you have this ability..

Domain hosting and webhosting are always seperate and seperate costs, even if only one person bills you for them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I apologize for my lack of technical ability :(

1. The issue is that my boss gets all of her email to pam@northbranchlandscape.com. I don't see how changing to gmail would help. If she is loosing emails in the transfer, she won't be happy.

2. Our domain is registered with network solutions, but hosted separately. Can I just point it from there to my VH account without dealing with the current host?

Comment

2. Yes.. thats what i said.. when you get your NSvoda.com numbers you login there and change the hosting servers..

1. Changing the site email from where it is now to a gmail account will insure she doesnt loose any mail in the transfer of the site. Just disable all email currently active on the hosting.. Make a gmail account.. Post the new address on the website, your forms etc then no mail will be lost.

Soon as your new domain is active on vodahost.. go login to cpanel and recreate the email account on voda servers.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X