Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete change: Domain & Hosting space

Dear friends,
    I am a VodaHost customer since 3 years ago, when I purchased a web domain and a hosting space. Both the domain and the hosting suscription will expire on next mid-october. Since this domain will not be used anymore in the future, I would like to release this domain name and not to renew the ownership right.

Anyway, I would like to continue using the Voda Host services, including the wonderful Blue Voda website builder, with a new domain name which I have not yet purchase.

After reading a lot of posts regarding this matter in the Forums, and bearing in mind I am not an expert in websites management, I am really lost among domains, DNS, redirections, pointing and so on....

So, I am seriously thinking about whether it would be better to purchase a NEW hosting room and simultaneously buying a NEW domain name. And after that, ask Vodahost to delete my old account while releasing my old domain name. I pressume this will be the easiest way to avoid future troubles.

Could you be so kind to give me a piece of advice? It is not a money matter, simply a question of ease for me, in order to forget all possible problems changing DNS, redirections, and so on.

Since the old domain name will be released anyway, who should I address to?

Thank you for your help.
    Kind regards,
    Juan

Re: Complete change: Domain & Hosting space

Hi Juan. If you are not using your old domain & there is nothing important on your sever that you need. Buy a new domain & then pop in a support ticket telling them of your new domain & ask for an account reset with the using your new domain. This will set everything back to when you 1st came to VH but with a new domain name. Let them also know that you understand that you will loose all info on your sever.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Complete change: Domain & Hosting space

Thank you, Cris. Very kind of you. I shall bear in mind your good advice.

Regards,
      Juan

Comment

Working...
      X