Avoiding the need for domain transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding the need for domain transfer?

Yes, amazing as it may be, I need help! (Had to find something bigger than a General! :) )

Can I simply request a name change through VH from recyclersinternational.net to recyclersinternational.biz? We are getting a hard time from the folks at doteasy about the transfer.

Many thanks!
    Patrick
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Avoiding the need for domain transfer?

Yes.. put in a support ticket..

Can you access your domain control panel? You could just simply point it to the voda server if so... while you WAIT for the transfer.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,

Yes, I believe I can access the control panel...just changed the password and put admin in my name as my partner in the States doesn't want to fool with any of it. He just pays you! I will put in a support ticket right away.

Thanks again. I'll see if I can work a miracle for you here very soon. Any requests?

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

NO.. I dont mean for the HOSTING i mean for the DOMAIN NAME. You can put in the voda servers and then no need for a support ticket.

LOL.. you wish you were GOD if you were you wouldnt be asking these questions..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
          NO.. I dont mean for the HOSTING i mean for the DOMAIN NAME. You can put in the voda servers and then no need for a support ticket.

LOL.. you wish you were GOD if you were you wouldnt be asking these questions..

Karen
          Naaaah. If I really were God then the best I could do is immaculate conception. What the heck is fun about that? End up with a kid that causes all kinds of trouble and didn't even get kissed first. No thanks!

Quick clarification, if I may; I can affect this change myself? How do I put it in the Voda servers? Is it as easy as immaculate conception (snap of my mighty fingers)?

Comment

• Karen Mac
            General

• Apr 2006

If you can access where you manage the domain.. you login there and instead of wherever its pointing to.. you type in the NS1.Vodaxx.com NS2.Vodaxx.com

xx being numbers..

Is in your welcome packet..

Since when do Men require kissing for conception?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

If you can access where you manage the domain.. you login there and instead of wherever its pointing to.. you type in the NS1.Vodaxx.com NS2.Vodaxx.com

xx being numbers..

Is in your welcome packet..

Karen
              I'm not sure I fully understand your suggestion, but I will check it out before bugging you any further. I think I can learn as I go here.

Some of us are quite sensitive, you know.

Comment

• Karen Mac
                General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by God View Post
                Some of us are quite sensitive, you know.
                Yes... i know.. you cry the loudest

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Calling God a whiner, eh? Ok...now watch what I can do!

Ok everybody - I'm going to give you a (video) glimpse of Karen in her previous life, before she was reincarnated as a forum moderator:

Comment

• Tom vR
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi dude. I will pray for your salvation LOL. About your name change... yes the real loving God can change your name too.
                    Bless you
                    Tom

Comment

• Karen Mac
                      General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by God View Post
                      Hahahahahahahahahaha! Calling God a whiner, eh? Ok...now watch what I can do!

Ok everybody - I'm going to give you a (video) glimpse of Karen in her previous life, before she was reincarnated as a forum moderator:

http://www.bofunk.com/video/9056/wor...gest_jerk.html

Sticks and Stones ....call the wahhhhhhhhhhbulance!

your video doesnt work either. If you cant take it dont dish it out.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sticks and Stones ....call the wahhhhhhhhhhbulance!

your video doesnt work either. If you cant take it dont dish it out.

Karen
                        Works fine for me! Good advice there, Karen.

Now, setting aside the grab-ass for a moment; I went to the cp for the other host (same as yours, btw) and redirected the domain from .net to .biz, but didn't mess with anything else. I took a screenshot of that "anything else" because I wasnt sure what to change. I'd like you to see the screen shot and let me know if I'm on the right track. What email address can I send it to so you can view and advise. Basically, they are looking for the new IP addresses.

I also received an email from them, which I will post below. Our preference is to stay with the .net > .biz program and not go through these waiting periods. Apparently, the admin changes I made there prevent any transfer from taking place for 60 days.

Thanks much,
                        P.

Comment

Email from the other folks:

Hello Patrick,

May I kindly ask why you are thinking of transferring the domain name registration for recyclersinternational.net away from *******? We value your feedback, and would like to know how we could improve our services.

Poor service from support personnel.

Also please be advised that if you transfer the domain name to another provider, this account would no longer be eligible to continue to receive the ******* free web hosting service.

No kidding?

In the event that you wish to change just your web hosting and email services to a different company, and keep domain name registration service with ******* for the time being, you can do this by changing your name server settings in your Member Zone by clicking on "Change Web Host". The new web hosting company you wish to use will provide you with the name server settings.

I think I'd like to go all the way with this. As in...See ya!

Please be advised that if you made any contact information changes within the Member Zone, it will cause our automated system to lock the domain for 60 days. This measure was implemented to prevent fraudulent transfer, and there is no way to bypass this mechanism.

Yea, right! I believe you!

If you would like to transfer your domain name, please confirm to this case ticket. Once we receive your confirmation, a domain transfer unlock form will be sent to you from our billing department. Please fill out the form and fax it back to us.

What...you guys don't use email?

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thank you.

I send you the name of new host and relevant info (IP adddress?) and you punch buttons and make it work, Case closed. Too easy that way, eh?
                          I do not wish to publicly drag anyone's name through the mud...though I could. (hence the ******) One of the responses I got from their support desk was sufficiently patronizing and unhelpful enough to compel me to dump them. Obviously, this current email is professional and friendly.

Comment

PS - Those are not my actual responses in the email above. I was just horsing around cuz all the angels are busy in Washington this week.

I wasn't that nice in the actual response! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
                              Hi dude. I will pray for your salvation LOL. About your name change... yes the real loving God can change your name too.

Well, I appreciate that effort, General. But I had a convent full of nuns at a private school that tried to save me and failed. But have at it anyway - I know I can use all the help I can get!

Comment

Working...
                              X