How to create and publish under a new folder in a 2nd site under a previous account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonjouramerica
    Corporal

• Aug 2007

How to create and publish under a new folder in a 2nd site under a previous account?

Hello,

I have a problem. I have a website www.americantpro.com under it i added and bought a new domain www.itgirls-shop.com so they are sharing the same server. The problem is that under the primary site www.americantpro.com i am able to create new folders to upload images and files and i have been trying to do the same with the 2nd site and it's just not happening. Here is what i want to do:

if you type:

it will work too. i want to be able to create folders under folders in the new site www.itgirls-shop.com which is an independent site under the Americantpro.com account. Is this possible? everytime i create a new folder under www.itgirls-shop.com i don't see the folder, yet it has an option that says:create new folder i don't understand... Could someone please tell me where i should go step by step to do this?

Thanks in advance

Jeanne
    www.americantpro.com
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: How to create and publish under a new folder in a 2nd site under a previous accou

you have to go to control panel, file manager, public html, and then the folder of itgirls-shop and then create the folder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• bonjouramerica
      Corporal

• Aug 2007

Re: How to create and publish under a new folder in a 2nd site under a previous accou

Thanks Karen--this is what i did:went to cpanel, clicked on file manager that little window popped with the options i clicked on: Web Root (public_html/www) with itgirls-shop as the chosen site i want to work on. Created a folder called media and yes i saw it, along with all the other folders that belong to the primary site. Now can you please tell me how to open the folder called media so i can upload some images there? Bcz with americantpro i just have to click on the folder and it would open right away and i'd just upload but in this new site no folder is clickable.

Thanks again

Jeanne
      www.americantpro.com

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

just click on it and upload..

you wont see anything under it cuz theres nohting there

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• bonjouramerica
          Corporal

• Aug 2007

Hi--well the problem is clicking it leads to nothing, when i click it it just checks it and the only option to do anything is to delete the folder i can't open it to upload. It's been 2.5 wks since i've been trying to do this in this format: http://www.itgirls-shop.com/media/images/99076.jpg and it's not letting me. Something is seriously not right.

i don't know what to do anymore,

jeanne
          www.americantpro.com

Comment

• bonjouramerica
            Corporal

• Aug 2007

to tell you the truth i have never uploaded through file manager. I have uploaded all my files through legacy file manager. Would that be causing the current problem?

Jeanne
            www.americantpro.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Yes.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X