Please help me out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me out!

Ok i have a ning social network i created a while back with the url svrnation.ning.com, and now I am ready to point my domain name to my social network, please help me out!, i am trying to make it a sub domain like (community.nonstop-x.com) can someone please help me out?? yes ive done a support ticket thing and the guy couldnt help me out, theres gotta be a user that has used ning that has a social network as well, ive also tried to make a redirect link, but when i do it, it still shows svrnation.ning.com on the address bar and i dont want it to show that!, i want it to say (community.nonstop-x.com) please some one help me out

Re: Please help me out!

well you cant do that legitemately. Thats called cloaking a url and the SE will ban you faster than you can spit. Its one thing to redirect one url to another, its another to HIDE the second url to appear as the first.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I had a another hosting a account in another site before i got to vodahost, and i pointed my domain name that i got from there when i was there to my old social network, plus ning offers premium service where you can use your domain name from a host, so why would i get banned?? please some one help me out with this, vodahost makes it hard to just do a small step that i could of even accomplished over at the other place a few years ago

Comment

you can go to cpanel and redirect a domain where ever you like. But it WONT HIDE IT. If you type in firstdomain.com it will go to seconddomain.com but it wont SAY FIRST DOMAIN when you land there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

When i sended my support ticket over customer service here, they had told me they had some way to point my domain name to my social network i got, and that they do offer custom dns service just like other top host sites, how can i do it if vodahost has it?

Comment

Im guessing vodahost doesn't offer CNAME for pointing my domain name to my social network and Alias where i can type my social network too or does vodahost do this?????

Comment

If they do put in the support ticket for it as I dont see the way to do cname in control panel.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X