My old domain is about to expire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old domain is about to expire

Hi guys, i am new to VH. My old domain is going to expire on the 4th Oct 09, and i am thinking to do the website myself using the VH, since i'm still working on the website and dont think it can be finished in the next 2-3 weeks. My question will be:

1) What should i do to secure the existing domain name to avoid other people getting it when it expire on 4th Oct?

2) Is that, if the domain expired, it will not belong to anyone until the next buyer? So, is that means if i buy the VH package on the date it expires, i will not require the domain transfer?

3) Since it is the business website, would those email addresses set by the website guy will all gone? Can i set it up again when i bought the VH package? As i dont wanna lose contacts with my customer during the time.

Re: My old domain is about to expire

1. You must renew your domain with the registrar you already have as there is very little time to ask for a transfer now
    2. If it expires, a period of several weeks (up to 3 months) is required before the domain can become available for sale again, so you won't have the possibility to ask for this domain for free when purchasing your VH account
    3. Yes, you can set again the same email accounts within your VH account.

Best solution: Renew your domain name only. Purchase a VH account now. Download all content of your existing website and upload it on your new VH account. Redirect the DNS to your new VH account. Setup your email account.

When you are ready with your new pages, replace the ones you uploaded (the existing site) with the new pages.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: My old domain is about to expire

Thanks navaldesign :)
      I got it all sorted

Comment

Working...
      X