renewing domain name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renewing domain name

My domain name is set to expire in 2 months and i want to renew it. I have already contacted vodahost support and they told me that i will have to wait till a week before the expiry date. I would prefer to new it now rather than wait till then. I heard that Google and other search engines may penalize websites with domains that are set to expire soon. The reason for this is that many spam sites are often registered for short periods of time. Most registrars support paying upfront for several years and the cost is usually only about $10-$20 per year, so it is generally worth it.

Re: renewing domain name

I am not sure this is what you need but try it.

I don't know about the timing though. But I have read about that
    dilemma as well.

I would add this, 2 months is a lot of time. Maybe you should wait.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

If you access your account via the https://vodahost.com/modernbill link, you can manually pay any item before it comes due, and pre-paying will not diminish the term at all: it will simply be extended with the new term added.

This way, you need not put off what you can do today, and not risk accidentally forgetting to take care of anything.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

My question is similar: I have a current website that I wish to delete and create a new website. Should I delete and then add or is it advisable to transfer?

www.koolspaces.com
        The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com

Comment

Working...
        X