sub domain on add on domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub domain on add on domain

Can I have a subdomain on an add on domain? I've created my add on domain. It's working fine. (www.myvriend.co.za)
    I've created a sub domain on the add on domain, (www.zena.myvriend.co.za), but from my browser it only say that it does not exist.
    In my control panel I can access the files on the directory.

Re: sub domain on add on domain

Originally posted by insleepvriend View Post
    Can I have a subdomain on an add on domain? I've created my add on domain. It's working fine. (www.myvriend.co.za)
    I've created a sub domain on the add on domain, (www.zena.myvriend.co.za), but from my browser it only say that it does not exist.
    In my control panel I can access the files on the directory.
    You do not just create and add-on domain. You need to first buy the domain and register it. Then only you add the domain name using the Add-On Domain function in cPanel. Once it is added on properly a Folder will be automatically created in your "public_html" which will represent the website for the new domain.

Then only can you create a sub-domain under the new domain [or website] that you just created.

It will take more than 72 hours for the Dns to propogate thru the internet before it becomes visible to a search from any browser.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. The addon domain was created sometime ago. The sub domain was created more than 72 hours ago.
      But www.xena.myvriend.co.za still does not work. On my main account www.dagstukkies.com I also have sub domains, and they all work fine, It is only on the addon domain that the sub domain does not work.
      Is it suppose to work, or is it not possible to have a subdomain on an addon domain.
      regards

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
        You do not just create and add-on domain. You need to first buy the domain and register it. Then only you add the domain name using the Add-On Domain function in cPanel. Once it is added on properly a Folder will be automatically created in your "public_html" which will represent the website for the new domain.

Then only can you create a sub-domain under the new domain [or website] that you just created.

It will take more than 72 hours for the Dns to propogate thru the internet before it becomes visible to a search from any browser.
        Thank you for your reply. The addon domain was created sometime ago. The sub domain was created more than 72 hours ago.
        But www.xena.myvriend.co.za still does not work. On my main account www.dagstukkies.com I also have sub domains, and they all work fine, It is only on the addon domain that the sub domain does not work.
        Is it suppose to work, or is it not possible to have a subdomain on an addon domain.
        regards

Comment

You must always allow time for the server to resolve, especially on foreign domain extensions, which follow different standards.

If after 72 hours it has not populated properly, simply delete the add-on and re-create it accordingly ---- this time taking note of the subdomains being established in the list as well (read in > spelling).

If you still have difficulties, contact VodaHost Support for a personal solution and assistance.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X